New build remorse!

Participant count
  • Participant list

ardvark666

CarAudio.com Newbie
Hi everyone. I am new to the forum but hopefully this is the right place for good advice. I just built a system in a 2022 Super Duty and after months of planning a “budget” system I have some regrets of my DSP choice. I went with the Alpine DSP PXE 60. It only has 6 output channels and now I realize this is a problem. I have a mino sub amp and a 4 channel amp running the front and rears. Now I want to add a second amp to run the front full active and hit a snag. I have it connected to an AmP Pro and it uses the optical output (which I converted to coaxial). Should I use 1-4 output channels for the front speakers on the dsp and basically set the 5&6 as a pass through and send that signal to my rear coaxials and sub? I have audison amps that have rca outputs. 400.3 and 500.1. Sorry for the long question. Something tells me I am going to wind up with a dsp that has more outputs. My issue came down to budget and 400.00 was really pushing it for the dsp since I dropped probably 2 grand already on speakers and the interface and amps and sub. Unless someone knows of a dsp that isn’t crazy spendy. Any suggestions on my next step? And yea I have to keep the rear coaxials. I have kids that sit in the back and blah blah. I don’t love having them but we go on long trips so they have to stay.

My other thought is to use the rear analog rca out on the pac unit and connect them to the rear speakers. I could tune the system without them and possibly just connect the rears at a low level just so they aren’t silent back there. Not sure if I will have a delay though. I guess I can try that and see. It’s a shame Alpine didn’t add one mono rca on this unit or allow for the input rca to be assignable to an output channel.

My other thought is to use the rear analog rca out on the pac unit and connect them to the rear speakers. I could tune the system without them and possibly just connect the rears at a low level just so they aren’t silent back there. Not sure if I will have a delay though. I guess I can try that and see. It’s a shame Alpine didn’t add one mono rca on this unit or allow for the input rca to be assignable to an output channel.
That doesn't always work because the processed channels will be slightly delayed and the channels will sound out of sync. You need to invest in a dsp with more channels.

That doesn't always work because the processed channels will be slightly delayed and the channels will sound out of sync. You need to invest in a dsp with more channels.
That’s kinda what I figured. I’ll keep the alpine and just mess with it to get it to a good spot. It’s better than no DSP at this point anyway. I would like more control but I can always manually attenuate the tweeters if I need to.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...