New Build log V.Fiberglass regular cab ford Truck box

constructive criticism:

wouldnt it have been easier to staple the fleece down in the notch the first time rather than going back and cutting it out and stapling more fleece down then putting more resin on it? seems like that is doing the same thing again.

but all in all it looks like it is coming together quite nicely.

sorry fo snapping just been a bad week with the urricane and not working etc etc.

Anyways, no I tried for hal a hour to get the fleece down into that channel and I couldn't get it without tons of bunching. My saple gun is also a antique ( read HUGE ) so I couldn't staple the channel the way it would have needed to be done to get a proper fit.

So, now that its 90% dried I went out and cut the channel, tomorrow im going to go back through the channel with 1.5 oz chopped strand matt, and get the channel secured and a test fit done. if everything is good ill start on my second layers of glass and reinforced braces.

Once again im sorry for being crabby peeps just been a bad week.

updates

install%20110%20%28Medium%29.jpg
install%20111%20%28Medium%29.jpg
install%20112%20%28Medium%29.jpg
install%20113%20%28Medium%29.jpg
install%20114%20%28Medium%29.jpg
install%20115%20%28Medium%29.jpg
install%20116%20%28Medium%29.jpg
install%20117%20%28Medium%29.jpg
install%20118%20%28Medium%29.jpg
install%20119%20%28Medium%29.jpg

I didn't make any mistakes but thanks for assuming you know more about my project than I do. I intentionally glassed over the channel, as you will see in future updates I plan to cut it out and glass the inside of the trough.
Simple enough, I didnt use MDF on the front or back because I need the space I gain by useing fiberglass.

Any other questons? Its hard to put my minds eye into thoughts but I know where im going and how to get there.
yea that was really a piece of **** thing to say. but good luck

yea that was really a piece of **** thing to say. but good luck

Tell me how you really feel.

I could just stop posting if that would make you all feel better.

Believe me its a bigger pain in the ass to stop what im doing and take pics for you guys than it is to just keep plugging along and finish this.

I was hopeing to help some of you people out who were thinking about doing a fiberglass box, so you can see what I went through and avoid some of the mistakes I make along the way.

I really don't need some keyboard warriors telling me im doing something wrong when they have no idea what my final plans are.

I appolagized if thats not good enough for you, your highness by all means don't come into my threads.

im about ready to edit everything out and say to heck with this place.

why did you cut those 2 holes out of the fiberglass part? are you gonna run something trough there?

I had to fix some material that sagged real bad. had a huge indention that I had to take out

Tell me how you really feel.
I could just stop posting if that would make you all feel better.

Believe me its a bigger pain in the ass to stop what im doing and take pics for you guys than it is to just keep plugging along and finish this.

I was hopeing to help some of you people out who were thinking about doing a fiberglass box, so you can see what I went through and avoid some of the mistakes I make along the way.

I really don't need some keyboard warriors telling me im doing something wrong when they have no idea what my final plans are.

I appolagized if thats not good enough for you, your highness by all means don't come into my threads.

im about ready to edit everything out and say to heck with this place.

why dont you cry a little more? i dont give a **** whether you even banished from the earth or not..why would i care if you didnt post worthless pictures to me

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.