New build is having an issue and I can't seem to troubleshoot it

I still run some Old Eclipse HUs and Alpines from 2000 and earlier and have great results from them. Dont have all the new bells and whistles but they still work great man, and pretty simplistic

Try removing just one of the RCAs on the amplifier. Try Left and Try Right to see if you get a better Signal . Make sure when removing either to try that the one removed does not ground out/touch metal. Report back if you will. Id like to hear if you have the same issue I had at one time.
Unfortunately I just tried this and still nothing. No change. Thanks though!

By the way... Did you purchase a B-Stock amplifier??Or Bnew?
It was advertised as Brand New as far as I am aware. Seems like it is quite poor quality though. My local shop said if the new headunit with better preamp outs didn't work but the 2 channel lanzar works than the amp is the culprit. I am starting to think they are right.

After re-reading, I did not see an update regarding the big3. Was it done? Also, the grounding spot on the amp side may be a bad location. Is it the wheel well? A better spot would be a sanded seatbelt bolt. Lack of wire chose that location but on such a short run, you can use 4AWG.
I'm not exactly sure how to explain where the ground is located but I used the same spot as a shop used for my previous build. I also made the spot even better by further grinded off the paint and using a nice large set of nuts, bolts, and washers.

I used the same spot as a shop used
I am now doubting the amp quality as well. Upon reflection, your Lanzar is getting the same signal and power, and making good use of it. Even if grounding was a tad bit off, you could still expect at least 300 watts (or whatever the Lanzar's output is). Quite a few locals use Skar audio with some pretty good results. I guess it is a dice roll wirh this brand.

Unfortunately I just tried this and still nothing. No change. Thanks though!
Wow!! Very Strange. I had an amplifier that the RCAs/one was soldered incorrectly on the board and both were together after they finally took a better look at it/ Opened it up. Could be possible that knowing Skar that they sent you back the same amplifier rather tan a bnew one?? Its happened to me on a couple sets of speakers and subs, till I placed a small white out dot on them with before and after pics to call them out on it, and finally got a working piece

It was advertised as Brand New as far as I am aware. Seems like it is quite poor quality though. My local shop said if the new headunit with better preamp outs didn't work but the 2 channel lanzar works than the amp is the culprit. I am starting to think they are right.
Yes I believe the same

I'm not exactly sure how to explain where the ground is located but I used the same spot as a shop used for my previous build. I also made the spot even better by further grinded off the paint and using a nice large set of nuts, bolts, and washers.
You need to know where your ground is located and how it is attached and if it was properly done. If not done correctly, it will spark and can possibly catch your vehicle on fire if it does it frequently. Very important it is connected solid and with no movement at the ground point and at the amplifier.

Poor QC from Skar. And more importantly, sounds like pizz poor customer service. Amp #2 and now Id like my $ back. I cant continue to pay fro an audio shop to keep installing and removing and tuning my system, and getting into my wasted time. Money back is what Id want. You have a donor amplifier with a 1/4 of the power and working flawesly?? Why 2 Skar bnew amplifiers not operational with a BNEW HU installed as well?? Skar amplifier deff has an internal Board issue @ the RCA input section... Ive heard of several people having issues with QC with Skar and even some JL amplifiers recently. Skar prob doesnt even put a load on any of theyre amplifiers sent back other that a 12v test to see if it powers up , and sends them right back

Do not crack it open!!! To View inside. Just get a return label prepaid/on them and get your $ back. Call them First, and tell them you want your funds back.

Take advantage of the Black Friday Sale on this amplifier
https://soundqubed.com/product/s1-1250-monoblock-amplifier/
Ive never heard of anyone having any issues with this brand. CT Sounds CT amplifiers are well made also for the money. So far I like my CT2000.1d . Beats the hell out of one of my XFL 12s in 2.0@32 htz. plan on finishing up a Premade box from GP Audio Tuned for 2 XFL 12s @30 htz and throwing those in shortly on that amp.

If you buy a new amp take a look at this one also. I'm sure that the soundcubed is nice to.

Screenshot_20211123-231851_Chrome.jpg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...