New build for the Jimmy with a Warden 21"

Flastrongman
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Ft Myers FL
Started a new box for my Jimmy and did not have the sub/subs picked out yet lol. I was originally planning on 2 sa 15's but then was thinking one btl n2 18".

The whole build was done just to try these customs aero ports I made:

9" sono tube, inside port flares

IMG_20111216_133734.jpg

IMG_20111216_133721.jpg

I HAVE A 2001 GMC JIMMY if your doing street style box the single 18 is better for the simple fact that there is only 38 inches in between the wheel welds. sub up and port back. i used a single 8 inch aero and 6.5 cubes box. ran this off a memphis mojo 4k and did a 49.6 this was without fusing but still good. the dc xl is also a very good sub. i did a 50 with it in the same box. but that is my opp. on the street style. as of now i have 2 18s in a clam shell in mine and doing 51.1 and i have next to no eletricla. i hope this helps

I HAVE A 2001 GMC JIMMY if your doing street style box the single 18 is better for the simple fact that there is only 38 inches in between the wheel welds. sub up and port back. i used a single 8 inch aero and 6.5 cubes box. ran this off a memphis mojo 4k and did a 49.6 this was without fusing but still good. the dc xl is also a very good sub. i did a 50 with it in the same box. but that is my opp. on the street style. as of now i have 2 18s in a clam shell in mine and doing 51.1 and i have next to no eletricla. i hope this helps
thanks bro, insight is always appreciated, especially from guys with the same vehicle. I've built many boxes for this truck and my favorite was 2 12's. did 149.2@36hz legal off an audiopipe 3500. I'm looking for a bit more with this build.

are you doing street style behind and under the seats or mod? and i meter at the head rest not the dash. if thats were you measure. but the 2 15s i had just simply not enough width to build for them good because of the 38 width between the wheel weld.

---------- Post added at 09:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:32 PM ----------

and i have 2 8 inch aeros i will sell you. 80 plus shipping. if intrested

are you doing street style behind and under the seats or mod? and i meter at the head rest not the dash. if thats were you measure. but the 2 15s i had just simply not enough width to build for them good because of the 38 width between the wheel weld. 

---------- Post added at 09:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:32 PM ----------

Just building this in cargo area, sits just above seat line. I don't have time to compete much so this is not really geared towards anything other than just personal preference.

That's a great price on those ports but I really enjoy making them myself and love the look of the rounded birch.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.