SoCal Skar Audio build

DonH
5,000+ posts

So Cal
Whats up guys! After the long awaited SKAR VVX-10's made it to me im starting this thread to showcase the ongoing build i have for my truck. always switching up setup's but now i will stay with SKAR. I loved the VVX-12 i had in a sealed box for a temp setup!

The Vehicle:

2002 Ford Ranger EDGE-3.0L - 3" Custom Built exhaust from headers to muffler - K&N cool air intake. Truck used to be lifted 3" on 33's. just recently took the lift off and set it back to stock for better gas mileage . there is ~185ft^2 of Second Skin Damp Pro in the truck from roof to floor to firewall.

ok Now for the list of equipment!

HU: Pioneer AVH-4200DVD w/ brake bypass done

Wire: Rockford RCA's 40ft of 1/0 Cadence. Two runs of 1/0 to the back for positive and two runs from the back to the battery.

Battery: Genesis Sealed 79AH batt up front with toolmaker 5 1/0 out battery blocks

Front Stage:

Speakers: One set of CDT COM 626 components

Amp: Rockford T400-2

Sub Stage:

Two SKAR VVX-10's

Amp: one Cadence ZRS-C65 (have two but want to see how they take it)

Box: 3ft^3 @ 28hz. Build pictures will be in this thread. It will be a very nice little box im doing for myself. figured I build such nice boxes for customers might as well do one for myself!

Elec. Upgrades: For Now Locally modded Stock Alty which does a great job on lower power setups like this with big 3 done in kicker hyperflex 1/0

Front stage is in and done along with the HU i will get pics of that later. Pics of equipment:

Subs and Amp

DSCN0969.jpg

DSCN0970.jpg

Batt Blocks

DSCN0390.jpg

what the box will be painted with

DSCN1155.jpg

also in the 3d rendering the baffle where the subs are mounted is painted red. i changed it to panted chrome to reflect red LED's nicely

dry fit on the front trim baffle

DSCN1146.jpg

kool pic

DSCN1147.jpg

made this LED strip with some surface mount LED's and some silicone. decided to use it for my box. I cut a small recess on the inside of the trim baffle before atatching. also notched a groov out of the bottom for the power and ground wire for the strip to hide it nicely.

DSCN1148.jpg

DSCN1150.jpg

DSCN1151.jpg

DSCN1152.jpg

DSCN1153.jpg

filling the screw holes

DSCN1154.jpg

all sanded

DSCN1156.jpg

primer is drying then going to sand then one more primer base. then paint time //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

got her all painted up. some spots still a little tacky as you can see

DSCN1160.jpg

DSCN1159.jpg

DSCN1158.jpg

it looks ******* sick with the LED's. I used Low emmiting LED's so its not super bright. it looks very nice //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif i will go try and snap a pic of it.

i use spakling. i use it also when painting boxes on the edges. works amazingly well. cheaper than bondo but not as good obviously. but $5 per pint and i use about 1 pint per 4 boxes. i fill in each hole with my finger first then i use a single edge rzor blade and scrape the top to somewhat smooth it out.

Maaaan, where did you get those battery blocks???

BTW clean box. I like the way you wrapped the port around the back of the box. I always do that and people wonder how I can fit such a gigantic port into my boxes. lol

BTW clean box. I like the way you wrapped the port around the back of the box. I always do that and people wonder how I can fit such a gigantic port into my boxes. lol
Most likely toolmaker. He has a subforum over @ csco

didnt "wrap" around the back of the box. its in the shape of a U actually. about 38 inches of port length. yields great results. the subs load great

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.