New build for Andrew2944r

How many inches of port area is that? To the eye it doesn't seem like much for that box size.
Specs of the box too please //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Port 245 Sq inch port, 27.5 cubes before displacement.

Smaller port is used to control the subs when you run 7k rms per sub.

Port 245 Sq inch port, 27.5 cubes before displacement.
Smaller port is used to control the subs when you run 7k rms per sub.
Sounds good, can't wait to see the rest of the build finished!

Are you looking to beat your old scores? Or this build is just for music.

Sounds good, can't wait to see the rest of the build finished!
Are you looking to beat your old scores? Or this build is just for music.
For Streetbeat, I don't care if it beats my old score, but it sure has the potential to do it. This build has more power and 4" coiled subs, so only time will tell.

i understand the concept behind the smaller port, but i know that it will greatly hurt the SPL....but thats okay.

Its still gonna be bangin, I'd place my wager on 55's though. which is still impressive with just 3 subs.

I have never heard the SHW, how does it sound beluw 35 hz?

i understand the concept behind the smaller port, but i know that it will greatly hurt the SPL....but thats okay.
Its still gonna be bangin, I'd place my wager on 55's though. which is still impressive with just 3 subs.

I have never heard the SHW, how does it sound beluw 35 hz?
For an all out SPL assult wagon, yeah I would need 500+ Sq Inch of port. Do to limitation of area in a truck all of my ports have been less than 200 Sq inch of port, and probally a good reason why my highest score has been a 159.5. My last wall was only 18.5 cubes before displacement and with the new box I have gained a considerable amount of space for the 18's and 245 sq in of port is the most I have ran from my last 2 walls. The new SHW per Steve are right at a 42 Fs and once broke in should lower considerably to about a 32 to a 34, so well see how it goes. These are the new SHW models and are geared more to a daily application. I am the 1st to own the new version and I think 98shoe has some comming as well for his build.

very nice.

I hope my number guess is off then, i really like your truck.

He must expect that suspension to loosen up quite a bit...

hell with 7k i expect it too.

DSC05183.jpg

DSC05203.jpg

make sure you use some very strong screws so they dont snap due to weight and front baffle flex. You may want to put a block for the motor to rest on. It looks like a very well build box.

Double baffle and that size box and 3 18" and that much power the box may still flex pretty bad on the front baffle. are you going to glass the inside?

i would have gone with 1" mdf on the front double baffle..... atleast triple baffle with 3/4"..... might flex pretty gnarly... but looks awesome!

Very nice Job Todd. Andrew, invest in hearing aid piece. Your gonna need it in a few years banging down the pavment.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.