new box design opinions needed

Participant count
  • Participant list
damnit. i just realized i forgot to include sub displacement in the box, so its gonna be 5.6 ft3 after subs. or i could invert them?oh well. this is what i was thinking of doing anyways

0i7KTIq.jpg

R62YNXB.jpg

i will ofcourse router all port edges round, and add a few 1 " dowels for bracing

i almost agree, as its a lot of work. ive figured out how the port needed to be built in advance, and planned to kerf the rear bend..

That said, i like using my tools and find it kinda therapeutic to just build **** and get my mind distracted from real life

Then at least add two subs and run the amp at .5 if you can upgrade your electrical.

Should be noticeable.

One more sub and a little bit more power would not be worth the cost of the sub, all the materials for the box, and your time designing/building the box.

but i can BARELY fit 3 subs! so my only reasonable option to get louder is put the sa's on the shelf, and get some x's? Not sure i have the electrical to run 4k

Your avatar looks like you have space both vertically and towards the rear of your car
you are correct. but that has been explained. post 6 and 7 show why i cant go much deeper, and plan on going up the to top of rear seats.

hence the kerfed rear.

Im allowing myself x amount of space, just working on getting the most sound out of it.

if ida known months ago that the sa-12s would get old, ida worked on electrical first.

now here i am with two 12's, just trying to get all i can out of the space available

you are correct. but that has been explained. post 6 and 7 show why i cant go much deeper, and plan on going up the to top of rear seats.hence the kerfed rear.

Im allowing myself x amount of space, just working on getting the most sound out of it.

if ida known months ago that the sa-12s would get old, ida worked on electrical first.

now here i am with two 12's, just trying to get all i can out of the space available
How often do you need to get your spare tire?

I say make the box removable and as big as possible with two more SA's.

If you want more bass in the same space, you're going to have to seriously pay for it.

You'll need beefier subs, a stronger amp, and expensive electrical upgrades.

as often as id unfortunatley have too. also, idk if i could make a 170lb box, with 120lb of subs in it removable.
Rolling track like a drawer. Problem solved.

rolling2.jpg

Honestly, i'd remove the spare tire, build your box into the extra space, and put the spare tire on the side of the box. Cover it if you must.

Or you could do like I did in my Explorer and take the rear seats out and do whatever sub combination you want. 2 x-12's wouldn't need more than 2500 watts and you could put them in a big box. I've done a lot of X designs, we used to be a Sundown dealer. They are wicked subs.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.