Please confirm cutout diameter

Participant count
  • Participant list

adulbrich
5,000+ posts

Olive oil un-virginer
Ames, Iowa
Anyone else have subs with 6 spoke 18" frames? I'm cutting the holes in the baffle right now, and I need to know what diameter to cut. I've read 16.5", 16.75", and even 17". Subs are going to be inverted.

So how big should I make the holes?

1393835466007-936300140.jpeg

Traditionally all 18" baskets are 16.75" cutout. If you want to be absolutely sure, just get something that's flexible like some scrap speaker wire and measure the circumference then divide it by pi.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Similar threads

Check out Sonic Electronix as well. They have some great deals usually and excellent Customer Service also. I like to buy my HUs /Head Units from...
I think you're gonna have to get good with fiberglass or something, or find someone with a 3d laser scanner that can 3d print or mold you some...
Is this a blue or blue/white wire from the Kenwood? The ACC wire is red and although that should turn on the amp, it is not the prefered wiring...
The sound deadening is going to be more about preventing vibration from metal surfaces and adding unwanted noise. Does it have the JBL system...
It's called the K.I.S.S. preciniple ("Keep it simple, stupid!")... Takes the guesswork out of parallel/series wiring.

About this thread

adulbrich

5,000+ posts
Olive oil un-virginer
adulbrich
Ames, Iowa
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date