JBL W12GTI MKii x2 box

Participant count
  • Participant list

Waterizgood

Hey everyone this is my first post on these forums!

Im having trouble designing a perfect layout for 2 JBL W12GTI MKii 12" subwoofers. They are rated for 2.25 Cubic feet ported each. Im new to box building and have soo many questions. Im guessing the port is not included in the recommended box volume? So i would most likely need a 4.7 cube box. I was wondering if anyone could help me out with the design and maybe give me some pointers on creating a cutout sheet?? I would like the subs to be next to each other and the port on one side but if a middle port is easier than im fine with at as well.(Slot port) Im also wanting the box to be around 32-36 htz but if anyone has a better recommendation than please tell. I will be listening to EDM, trap, and hiphop 98% of the time. I have a 2014 Dodge Ram 1500 quad cab and will be removing the rear seat directly behind driver for this enclosure. I am planning on bringing a cutout sheet to Home Depot and going to use 3/4 MDF. Would it also be smart to use 2 pieces of 3/4 to safely secure the two 42 pound subs?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.