new box built with lots of pics

amedeuce
10+ year member

:crap:
CA
I posted the diagram yesterday, here it is.

Below that is the actual box I built today.

It is for a 12" Magnum

1.9 ish tuned to around 29 hz

outside dimensions are 17" high x 16" wide x 24" deep

1.8cubes30hzwithsubcutout.jpg

upload1.JPG

upload2.JPG

upload3.JPG

upload4.JPG

upload5.JPG

upload6.JPG

upload7.JPG

upload8.JPG

it lookse like he use a 1\2" piec eof MDF and cut mini boards between there. but then it does look like he routed it.

mang, you have some good abilities. but its not flush mounted //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

D A M N ! ! ! !

that's a really nice box. will you build my next one? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

i designed the box...

...well ok no i didn't, but i helped...

...ok maybe i didn't help so much as just give him a suggestion. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/redface.gif.62fdbfe1a101588a808c4cff71bcb942.gif

Thanks to all.

I use a dado blade on my table saw to cut the "groves" for the ports and also for the construction of the box along certain edges, it improves strength so I dont have to use bracing. That and the port pieces act like bracing also...

I round over the edges with a router

It didnt take me long I cut the boards the other night in about 2 hours and then another 3 hours or so to finish it up.

It will be flush mounted, I just forgot to cut that extra piece out. I figured into length of the port also.

a box that nice don't need no stinking carpet. arrgghh i'm tired at looking at you guys build your boxes in nice shops with good tools ect. i only have a skil-saw,drill and jigsaw to work with and i have to work outside on a picnic table.

a box that nice don't need no stinking carpet. arrgghh i'm tired at looking at you guys build your boxes in nice shops with good tools ect. i only have a skil-saw,drill and jigsaw to work with and i have to work outside on a picnic table.
well i have a circular saw and i have to work on four 2x4s to elevate it just far enough for the blade not to hit the driveway...

with a circular saw, if you go slow enough, you can get perfect cuts... :)

and sanding makes everything happy too!

get screws, a drill bit as big as the screw shaft, and another drill bit as big as the screw head, and you can countersink...

grab some bondo or wood filler and you can fill holes after you countersink...

it's not too bad //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/yumyum.gif.0556df42231b304b9c995aefd13928a8.gif

i am the same boat in the tools situation except i have an air compressor so i use my finish nailer to nail the boards in to hold them before i use screws and i have a right angle grinder i use to sand with. plus i would rather use my circular saw than a table saw kuz i like to have that power and control in my hands

with a table saw it is much easier to make exact cuts, and you DO have the control in your hands, you control the wood over a fixed blade...much better imo

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.