help sealing sub in box

LightningStryk7
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Colorado
Hey guys im gonna build a sealed box for an alpine Type R i just ordered today. I understand how to do it all. Ive built a double box with a friend before. I just need to know if weather stripping is the best to use around where u put the sub in. Or if theres something else u can buy? or do I even need weather stripping? I'm thinking yes on the second one. I looked at those Qlogic boxes and they coem with weird rings... that supposedly act like a sealent thing. Any thoughts or ideas on how to seal it up well?

o alright cooly... cause my current subs are cheapo mtx road thunders.. apparently they didnt come with any //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crazy.gif.c13912c32de98515d3142759a824dae7.gif

Hey guys im gonna build a sealed box for an alpine Type R i just ordered today. I understand how to do it all. Ive built a double box with a friend before. I just need to know if weather stripping is the best to use around where u put the sub in. Or if theres something else u can buy? or do I even need weather stripping? I'm thinking yes on the second one. I looked at those Qlogic boxes and they coem with weird rings... that supposedly act like a sealent thing. Any thoughts or ideas on how to seal it up well?

Weather stripping would work probably 1/4". But when i had a sealed setup I never used it. Box was still air tight. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

alright then.. Ill check for those rings.. if the sub doenst come with one then i think ill still do weather stripping because if i find out its not air tight i dont want to have to do xtra work and take my sub off and then weather strip and put it back on.

the accesories a sub comes with has nothing to do with price. the sony xplod 10" i had for my bs system came with screws and a complete gasket. my idmax didn't come with screw and i had to piece together the gasket. after removing it a couple of times to do work on boxes, switch to another box ect. it came apart. it also got squished so thin it seams useless.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.