New Battery for a 2005+ Mustang

Participant count
  • Participant list

06gtmike
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Was wondering if anyone here has put a new battery under the hood and which ones will work. Can't seem to find a good AGM that fits. If anyone else has suggestions the stock battery is L-10.90 W-6.42 H-6.88 . I think I can squeeze something about 8" High with terminal posts so my options are still limited. I don't want to relocate or run a second battery. Running MB DSC1500.1 and DSC450.

No suggestions, huh? Well I found a few that will fit but I don't know if they are big enough power wise. Optima yellow top D34 (May be to big size wise), Odyssey PC1200, Kinetik HC1200, and the XS Power D1200. I hardly ever have the stereo on without the car running if that makes any difference. Should I just get a regular battery instead.

Yeah I looked at the deka and I would love to get one but i'm not sure if it's to tall or not. Are they 8" to the top of the posts or just the top of the battery? I really don't want to short it out on my hood, not a big fan of fire.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.