Sony Faceplate Doesn't Turn On

Participant count
  • Participant list

bnkaris

Hello,

I purchased a Sony MEX-BT3800U for my 2005 chevy impala. I must not have installed it correctly because when I attach the faceplate I don't get any response from it (lights/buttons). Though I can put a cd in and it will take it, and when i press eject it does eject the cd. I have pressed the reset button and it makes an internal sound like the cd drive is spinning up. Then put the faceplate back on, but that has not helped. If you need anymore info, please ask and I will reply.

Thank You.

I would try making sure all of your wires are connected to the correct ones on your harness. also make sure its a good connection. it sounds like your illumination wire is not properly connected. hope this helps

i've only had problems with Sony head units. it could have failed.

but before you replace it, make sure you have ignition voltage at the head unit. that's the red wire. start by checking the radio fuse, then use a DMM to verify voltage on the harness for red and yellow.

if your battery connection is ok, it would load and eject. if your ignition (switched 12V) is not ok, then it won't power up.

i've only had problems with Sony head units. it could have failed.

but before you replace it, make sure you have ignition voltage at the head unit. that's the red wire. start by checking the radio fuse, then use a DMM to verify voltage on the harness for red and yellow.

if your battery connection is ok, it would load and eject. if your ignition (switched 12V) is not ok, then it won't power up.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.