Help me save my Head Unit (Electrical mistake)

I just installed a Pioneer Premier DEH-P860MP that I bought off eBay, I was super excited as I've wanted a Premier Head Unit for years. I got it all installed, turned on the car and it started beautifully... then.. I noticed I forgot to put tape around two wires (Yes I'm literally kicking myself in the face).. the yellow battery/power wire and the black one. I looked up as I heard and saw the spark and looked back down in horror as my headunit was lifeless. I checked the 10A fuse along the yellow wire and even replaced it but to obviously no avail.

Is there anything I can do to save my head unit.. did this perhaps just blow a capacitor that I can replace or something. I can buy a "service manual" for the headunit... would that have the information I need in it to diagnose and fix this problem.. or am i simply screwed.

Any help/insight would be extremely appreciated.

Thanks,

Mike

Pioneer should have a PDF file on their website to view for FREE. Check that out, should tell you some troubleshoots but I doubt any will be relevant to your situation. Can always try though.

i looked at the pioneer website and they just have the install/owners manual listed, not the service manual, but from the sound of it I just need to accept my fate eh?

Any other consensus or dead unit.

check the fuse to the car you know the cars radio interior or under hood fuseand paypal some $$ later
Do you mean the fuse in the yellow cord or another fuse in the car? I checked my fuse panel and didnt see anything that jumped out as a fuse for the audio system.

Yeah, I know talk about luck.. I had to touch the two worst wires.. why couldn't it be two useless ones. I spent all day re-wiring the car from the the original speakers/deck.. and the day ends like this. I could not be more bummed.

Do you mean the fuse in the yellow cord or another fuse in the car? I checked my fuse panel and didnt see anything that jumped out as a fuse for the audio system.
Yeah, I know talk about luck.. I had to touch the two worst wires.. why couldn't it be two useless ones. I spent all day re-wiring the car from the the original speakers/deck.. and the day ends like this. I could not be more bummed.
the fuse for the interior electrical for the car you know the radio fuse .....................btw send me some $$ for saving you $$$

hey if it works i'd happily paypal you money... no joke...

I had to sound like an idiot, perhaps i'm just that flustered from being pissed at the situation, but where would be the best place to locate this? I have a VW and the main fuse panel is on the left of the dash, but looking at the diagram for the fuses, I dont' see any pictures that resemble the stereo, is there another place I should be looking?

VW-Fuse-Diagram.jpg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.