New amp, subs barely move

RDSHunter
10+ year member

Just installed my new Cadence TXA1000D monoblock amp to my two JL 12w3v3s. Went from pushing 500 rms x1 @ 4 ohm to 1000 rms x1 @ 1 ohm. I was expecting to see my subs move a lot more than they did but the opposite is true. I know the wiring is right and have played with the gains and my HU settings but they still wont move like I know they should. Any suggestions?

disconnect one see if the other hits harder,if it does then reverse the other subs wires,see if they move the same or more ,then check the ohms with a dmm

somethings not right ,either the wiring all messed up or the amp isn't working right.how are the subs wired up + to + and - to - both subs then to the amp for a 1 ohm load

The subs worked fine with my amp that i took out minutes before putting the new one in. I have the wiring set up like so:

L sub + -> R sub + -> Amp +

L sub - -> R sub - -> Amp -

Tried wiring both pos to the amp and both neg to the Amp as well.

I also tried playing with all of the filter settings and saw no dofference as i moved them

You have single 4 ohms voice coils, so both together your only seeing 2 ohm. That's the reason for your lack of power. You aren't seeing as much power with your new amp because it's not meant to put out max power at 2 ohm. I hope this helps Bro!
The subs are both 2 ohm SVC subs, each meant to run at 500 rms. The new amp puts 1000 rms @ 1ohm, 650 rms @ 2ohm and 350 rms @ 4 ohm

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.