New 5 channel going for a sq based install.

5 channel amp

• alpine pdx v9

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • arc xdi 1100.5

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • other

Votes: 1 20.0%

• Total voters

dspencer24
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
looking to get a new more powerful 5 channel amp . with a small footprint leaning to the alpine pdx v9 due to savings over 100 bucks. Any sugestions going in a 2015 subaru wrx under the seat or some where hiding.

System as follows

Pioneer 4000nex

Front Components Id cxs64.v2

Rear Fill : Massive Audio ck6 mids

Sub : SSA 10" Gcon sealed

AMP

alpine pdx v9 100x4 and 500x1 (2ohm, 4ohm)

Arc audio 1100.5 150w x 4 (2ohm, 4ohm) and 275x1 (4ohm) 500x1 ( 2ohm)

Interesting, do you have any play time with these amps? they are small enough kind like the idea of the power the sub amp puts out
not im my vehicle but at a buddies shop. they are amazing amps really clean and tons of options. def the way to go at the clearance price. and their is only one 4 channel left so i wouldn't waste my time. no other site has the 4 channel this low

JBL MS-A1004 4-channel car amplifier — 100 watts RMS x 4 at Crutchfield.com

JBL MS-A1004 400W, 4-Channel Amplifier with Digital Input Mixer and Graphical Status Display

JBL MS-A5001 Mono subwoofer amplifier — 500 watts RMS x 1 at Crutchfield.com

more info on crutchfield

http://www.pasmag.com/car-audio/test-reports/1800-test-report-jbl-ms-a1004-amplifier-

Excellent choice on sub.
Yeah kinda pumped to hear this sub

not im my vehicle but at a buddies shop. they are amazing amps really clean and tons of options. def the way to go at the clearance price. and their is only one 4 channel left so i wouldn't waste my time. no other site has the 4 channel this low

JBL MS-A1004 400W, 4-Channel Amplifier with Digital Input Mixer and Graphical Status Display

more info on crutchfield
the ms a1004 is very simliar to the output of the pdx v9 slitly overated at 4 ohms but the ms-a5001 @ 2 ohms is really underrated compared to the sub section on the pdx v9

Yeah kinda pumped to hear this sub

the ms a1004 is very simliar to the output of the pdx v9 slitly overated at 4 ohms but the ms-a5001 @ 2 ohms is really underrated compared to the sub section on the pdx v9
yea you will get close to 700 rms

with that being said i just talked to sonic electronic, and he said the alpine would sound "cleaner" and that the other amps would have a much higher amp draw. Said the jbl were "dirty power" which is a alil weird also found out that they wont price match if they dont make money. So its not really a low price guarantee

with that being said i just talked to sonic electronic, and he said the alpine would sound "cleaner" and that the other amps would have a much higher amp draw. Said the jbl were "dirty power" which is a alil weird also found out that they wont price match if they dont make money. So its not really a low price guarantee
I don't know where this JBL dirty power garbage is coming from. Sonic electronics is in no way who I would be taking audio advice from. Amp draw maybe but I doubt it is drastic to the other similar amps in its range. 700 rms amp draw isn't going to break you even with class a/b.

more info on crutchfield

PASMAG | PERFORMANCE AUTO AND SOUND - JBL MS-A1004 Amplifier
This is the amp I'm going to end up with also. And sonic has mostly tools

JBL MS-A1004 100 Watt x 4-Channel Amplifier https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0040X31KE/ref=cm_sw_r_awd_CgcUub0G204VA

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...