Kicker KX2400.1 vs ZX2500.1 or SQ 2200. Help!

JonStoltz

Planning on powering two HDS312's in a sealed enclosure. Since the amp will be running much harder and hotter because I'm not going ported, would the Q1-2200 suffice? I was also thinking, the new KX series amp is known for its staying-cool capabilities and state of the art technology which would be ideal. Downside is the price. Then I noticed the older ZX2500 but know nothing about it or how well it performs under hard play. So my question is should i go will the budget Q1, medium priced ZX or high priced KX. Trying to stay on budget but not at the expence of quality.

Note: I am set on the enclosure type and sub choice, just asking about these amps under those conditions. Thanks!

A amp will run hotter since ur gunna have a sealed box. That's the first time I heard that. Haha

But what ohm subs are u getting cuz arnt kicker amps only 2ohm stable and the sq amp is 1ohm stable... I'd the the sq2200 if it were me.

"a sealed driver reaches maximum excursion at resonance, which adds considerably to the distortion produced at high output levels. A ported system receives maximum damping at resonance, with minimal driver excursion. The port "takes over" at Fb, and the driver hardly moves at all." - Quoted from an informational website. What i took from that is at resonance the amp and driver are pushing hard, while at resonance the port in a ported enclosure is what does the work which means the amp doesn't have to work as hard. Anyway I failed to notice the Ohm difference haha it says they are available either Dual 2ohm or Dual 4ohm

For the money the sq is better, not taking money into account I think the zx is the best out of the three. I have one currently and it's not crazy power hungry

"a sealed driver reaches maximum excursion at resonance, which adds considerably to the distortion produced at high output levels. A ported system receives maximum damping at resonance, with minimal driver excursion. The port "takes over" at Fb, and the driver hardly moves at all." - Quoted from an informational website. What i took from that is at resonance the amp and driver are pushing hard, while at resonance the port in a ported enclosure is what does the work which means the amp doesn't have to work as hard. Anyway I failed to notice the Ohm difference haha it says they are available either Dual 2ohm or Dual 4ohm
Not going to make much a difference amp wise .. With a sealed box you usually can give a woofer a bit more juice then if it was in a ported enclosure ..

i just switched over to the KX amps in one of my cars. i love it so far. if money were no issue i'd go KX. also take into consideration the final impedance of your system b/c the KX is only 2Ω stable and for the money you can get a 3k@1Ω for about the same money.

A amp will run hotter since ur gunna have a sealed box. That's the first time I heard that. Haha
But what ohm subs are u getting cuz arnt kicker amps only 2ohm stable and the sq amp is 1ohm stable... I'd the the sq2200 if it were me.
Half of these amps me and members are suggesting are 1ohm stable. can't I wire the 4 ohm subs down to 1 ohm or wouldn't that be a good idea?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.