Negative battery ground?

If you're not blasting music with the car off or have a system that doesn't really on the battery much, then you don't have to be as concerned about the batt ---> ground, but definitely upgrade your chassis to block ground.

Hey i emailed kicker and asked their support team. I just told them I saw their dual amp kit comes with 3 feet of negative wire which I assume is for the battery ground. I told him about the sensor, and he told me to add the 0-gauge wire with the existing ground to where the battery is already grounded to.

Hey i emailed kicker and asked their support team. I just told them I saw their dual amp kit comes with 3 feet of negative wire which I assume is for the battery ground. I told him about the sensor, and he told me to add the 0-gauge wire with the existing ground to where the battery is already grounded to.
I think that sensor is there is sense current in that wire. I you add 0awg by passing that sensor, then the sensor won't work as intended. As I said I don't think it's that big of deal if you do your listening with the car running because when the vehicle is running ground is the alternator case. When the car is off, then ground becomes the battery's neg terminal.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

About this thread

Noobie34

CarAudio.com Newbie
Noobie34
Atlanta
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views