Line Output Converter help

DiBonaventura
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
So I have everything I need fr my car and I finally purchased me Line Output Converter...Ive been hearing that if I turn up my bass too loud I can be "clipping" my amp and blowing my rear speakers.... Will this still happen if my amp came with a bass knob to control the bass and on my factory radio theres also a bass adjuster? What if I turned down the bass on my factory radio and used my amps bass adjuster for the bass? can this work without blowing anything? Thanks!

I'd say that in the hands of someone who is not too experienced (i.e. having to ask a question like this...Please don't take insult), the amps bass knob is best left in the box and not even used. That should make your life easier.

Set the bass on the hu as you would normally listen to it. Then set your max gain with the knob all the way up so you can't go any higher. This will help protect your stuff.

Set the bass on the hu as you would normally listen to it. Then set your max gain with the knob all the way up so you can't go any higher. This will help protect your stuff.
If you must use the bass knob, this is the route you'll want to take

But is it true I can only go so high before I blow my rear speakers in my car?
No. Well yes if it's all set up incorrectly. You need to think of your stock system and speakers totally independently of the sub amp. They do have to work together as you want it to sound nice, but what you do with your sub, should not affect what happens to your speakers. Set bass on the deck to flat or 0 and then set the amplifier settings to fit your needs (keeping bass boost at zero). The bass know should really only be able to turn the bass down from a set point. When turned up, it should not exceed that set point. I'd say keep the knob in the box. Set the amp how you like it and keep it static.

The thing with many stock setups is that it will cut bass with increased volume for protection. So it will cut the bass of your sub down too since its signal is off the speakers. That's why I have my external gain - to get the options *** back that is cut out. If you set the gain correctly on the amp, you won't have any issues.

Like I said earlier. Set your amp gain with the knob turned all the way up. Then any range of bass by the knob should be safe. That depends on you setting the amps gain correctly.

Does anybody even get on here and answer anything anymore as I see is stuff from like 2012 or 15 I have a question on if you wire that out put converter and wire both sides of the box to just one speaker with that cause it to not work completely when it did it would cut in and out and then just stopped working

Sorry if this post twice I didn't see it on there so I don't know if it posted but I wired in my output box and I was just trying it and wired both sides of the speaker wires out of the box to just one side of a door speaker and it was working fine and it would cut out a little and still work and then all the sudden it just stopped working is that because it is not getting enough power or is there something else wrong besides me not wiring I left and right side up which is I know that's not how you do it I was just trying it

Sorry if this post twice I didn't see it on there so I don't know if it posted but I wired in my output box and I was just trying it and wired both sides of the speaker wires out of the box to just one side of a door speaker and it was working fine and it would cut out a little and still work and then all the sudden it just stopped working is that because it is not getting enough power or is there something else wrong besides me not wiring I left and right side up which is I know that's not how you do it I was just trying it
Wiring the LOC's left and right inputs to one radio high output should not be an issue. To test your theory, test one input at a time.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...