need to upgrade my system...please help

not yet...very very soon....got $450 in my paypal right now and looking to spend it...just still contemplating/shopping around on what to get...trying to find the best deals.

how do i know if the speakers will fit in my car or not? and the head unit should fit right?
The HU will most likely fit. Unless your cars stock stereo is a double din, in that case you can most likely get an adapter for like 5$.

I guess you should measure the speakers that are currently in your car to see what size you need.

I would guess you need 5.25" or 6.5" speakers.

once i get that what all should i connect to the amp? the new front speakers or the kenwood subs? and let the new head unit power the back speakers? do u suggest me getting rid of the insignia amp and getting another amp to replace that? would it b worth it or should i just keep the insignia amp?

n i thought i remember someone mentioning if i cut off the bass from the back speakers that would make it sound better? or cut out the bass from both front and back? whiat should i do and how?

once i get that what all should i connect to the amp? the new front speakers or the kenwood subs? and let the new head unit power the back speakers? do u suggest me getting rid of the insignia amp and getting another amp to replace that? would it b worth it or should i just keep the insignia amp?

n i thought i remember someone mentioning if i cut off the bass from the back speakers that would make it sound better? or cut out the bass from both front and back? whiat should i do and how?
I would get rid of the Insignia amp myself. Is just uber cheap best buy crap. I mean I understand being on a budget, hell I am too and I got mad money in the bank, just priorites first.

I have a class A/B Autotek 750.1 SS amp that I have heard is underated. Great little amp and got mine cheap off the classified section here, but they can be had at like 170 IIRC off onlinestereo.com. Just call to make sure they are in stock if you wanted something from there first. Have mine on 1 Kicker CVX D2 sub and almost at 140dbs and sounds pretty good. I might be selling mine in the near future, but Autotek is a good brand and make some nice budget and not so budget stuff, lol! Check them out.

Also I have my deck powering the back speakers as I have a 4 channel I bridged on my front speakers, which are PG Rsd's, which are decent for budget componet set. I say if you want to save, get those, but for a little more can hit up Pioneers new TSC Line which has had stellar reviews.

I also recommend two amps, one for your highs and a mono amp for your subs.

If you want to run multiply speakers off one amp, such as highs and subs, I suggest a 5 channel amp myself. ED Nine.5 makes a decent priced one I believe.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.