Need To Move More Air

Perhaps a silly question, but the Kicker box specs call for a side firing port. The ebay box that Quackhead linked has a front firing port. If my sub is facing forward, pointed at the rear seats, is one port location preferable over the other?

One other thing that isn't making sense in my pea brain: The Kicker manual has specs for three different boxes, and in each case the larger box is tuned to a lower frequency. The ebay box is smaller than the largest Kicker spec box, but is tuned to a lower frequency. Is this just due to port design, or is something else at work here?

Quack, thanks for the link. I know the link was just for a price comparison, but it sparked some other questions. Thanks again, everyone, for the input. Saving me a lot of time and money in trial and error.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.