OMG please help me out

Magz-
10+ year member

Michigan
I was planning on running 3 JL 10W0's, i ended up buying 10W3v2 D6s for a good price and they came wired with Boxes in great condition for $100 for everything. I initially thought they were supposed to be 10W0s but there was some miscommunication but prior to that someone had recommended these speakers before so i said what the hell and bought them, lol no i have no idea what to do. I already had the amp ordered for running the 3 10s which was 550w RMS @1 ohm. And the box for 3 10s. Should i cancel the order for the amp and keep box for 3 10s and pick up an additional W3? Or just run the two W3 v6s i already have?vwhat amp will i need? Im so **** lost now!!!

cancel the amp you'll need bigger amp now ,the woofers can be wired down to 1.5 ohms at best so look for an amp around 750 - 1000 rms for the subs,maybe even a 2 channel and run it at 3 ohms

I believe that is a 1ohm stable amp. you'll need a 2ohm amp if you want to only run those 2 subs.. You could also buy another identical w3 and throw it in your triple box, then buy that Hfi amp to power them. It might not be enough power, but it will get you going if the budget is tight.

EDIT: My recommendation for a 2ohm amp is solely because he will most likely see a tad more than 1.5 and I believe that the amp will be fine.

Hey if its not too much to ask would you mind throwing up a few amps that would work, Like you said. Im iliterate when it comes to this stuff, forgive me lol i would get a third but i cant one find any anywhere! So ill run two for now. Yeah i am kind of on a budget so that always helps,

Im not trying to spend alot, whatever will work basically. Im not really a hardcore audio fanatic. It doesnt have to premier brand, just post up some suggestions lol. Maybe around $150. I cant say forsure unless i know how much the amps usually run for what i need

Hey if i have them wired at 3 ohms on seperate channels is there a downside?

I found this amp

PLANET AUDIO AC2000.2 ANARCHY 2000 WATT 2/1 CHANNEL AMP CAR STEREO SUB AMPLIFIER 636210103691 | eBay

Im not really. Trying to spend that much. How would they need to be wired if they are on two seperate channels? Do i just throw them in the box as is since there already wired? When i picked up the speakers they were wired seprately in seperate boxes.

I canceled the or der for the 3 10inch sub mounting box and there actually making me a custom box to my specs, ftw!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.