Need suggestions on possible system

excellent, thanks. I did have an 80-PRS in my previous car but in my current car (2012 MDX) custom work would be required (if it's even possible) to fit an aftermarket receiver.
So, you're saying forget about the back doors completely, no speakers and/or amplified signal?
I know there are some outboard processors that should have all the power you need but I just haven't seen any in action to say which does what or which is "best". I'd lose the rears altogether but keeping them gained low off the head unit may work as well. The conventional wisdom is you want to sound to sound like a concert where it comes from in front of you. Some have other preferences but IMO it's just more things to complicate getting good sound. Keep it simple. And the money you save in the back can go into better fronts (or proper deadening etc.) where it'll make much more of a difference.

most of us don't use rear speakers but if u do use cheap ones there better in front maybe even with more power to fronts.. yeah i bet dealer does what u to pay 43k for jl stuff when u can get as good or better for $1500.. jl over priced man it's like a woman loving $5,000 prada purse $11 one at walmart actually holds more lol.. we can show u tons of options besides jl and u can still get it installed at a shop..
How much JL equipment have you auditioned? I can assure you buying whatever low end junk you're trying to shill for this week isn't going to do the same thing, nor will he get the SERVICE that he is getting from a quality brick and mortar shop if he buys cheap. Not everybody is a deadbeat and honestly you get a lot of what you pay for with JL if you want good build quality and sound. 500/1 is the best selling amp of all time and one of the W series subs is the best selling sub going.... they're doing something right and consistently. You'll pay around the same getting the same from any premium brand. About the ONLY thing they're not good at is getting really loud, for that money is better spent elsewhere.

. and jl is very over priced
You just buy junk. I repeat, you are getting a lot of what you pay for buying JL. Not least they employ about 200 people here at their plant in Florida and everything they make in house is very high quality.

how is it all wrong? many of us don't use rear speakers.. and jl is very over priced (but i meant to say $3k worth of jl stuff $ came up as a 4) and many peeps run more power to fronts and rears off hu as someone else said too did u harass them?
JL is expensive but it's engineered and made well. Some people see value in that. Not everyone is a cheap ass motherfucker like you. The way you talk you obviously haven't owned any JL equipment and if you did it was probably the low end stuff. Your purse analogy has more holes in it than a slice of swiss cheese.

Wait a sec...gramps getting dumped on again?

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/popcorn.gif.32dd9e22fd77e77bc3c907062768fcd2.gif

I still think JL subs are some of the best sounding subs out there. I like them more than image dynamics, hertz, morel etc.. and they get a lot louder than those brands. Dayton HOs come pretty close to a w6 sound quality wise though.

JL is expensive but it's engineered and made well. Some people see value in that. Not everyone is a cheap ass motherfucker like you. The way you talk you obviously haven't owned any JL equipment and if you did it was probably the low end stuff. Your purse analogy has more holes in it than a slice of swiss cheese.
whatever... i'd rather have 2 fu, sundown, wolfram, cab, dayton or 30 other brand 12" subs in a nice box with a twisted amp (be louder and sound just as good) than 1- $1,000 12 in jl's stupid custom box.. do they sound good i freakin' hope so for that $ is all i can say.. and again normally it's 5 others on here saying the same thing i'm saying now including jeff but this time he's like they sound good., whatever.. if high end jl was 1/2 price it would still be hard to say it's worth it.. sorry man we just disagree on jl over priced all there is to has been and well be said until they stop charging crazy $ for even 150-300rms subs like they are something..

whatever... i'd rather have 2 fu, sundown, wolfram, cab, dayton or 30 other brand 12" subs in a nice box with a twisted amp (be louder and sound just as good) than 1- $1,000 12 in jl's stupid custom box.. do they sound good i freakin' hope so for that $ is all i can say.. and again normally it's 5 others on here saying the same thing i'm saying now including jeff but this time he's like they sound good., whatever.. if high end jl was 1/2 price it would still be hard to say it's worth it.. sorry man we just disagree on jl over priced all there is to has been and well be said until they stop charging crazy $ for even 150-300rms subs like they are something..
I find w6 used for 150 and 13w7s for 300-350 in my area, at that price they are definitely worth. I would not buy JL new but used pricing, they definitely sound way better than any of the brands you listed SQ wise and can keep up with the loudness (to a certain extent) as well. On the same amount of power, it should not be any less loud than sundown, FU, CAB or whatever, only when you throw double the RMS to the other subs is when they pull ahead. Dont sleep on JL subs, in a proper setup you can hair trick easily. I've personally seen it done with W3s in a 4th order blow through in a chysler 300. I'm pretty sure you've never used a proper JL woofer before if you are making those kind of comments.

I find w6 used for 150 and 13w7s for 300-350 in my area, at that price they are definitely worth. I would not buy JL new but used pricing, they definitely sound way better than any of the brands you listed SQ wise and can keep up with the loudness (to a certain extent) as well. On the same amount of power, it should not be any less loud than sundown, FU, CAB or whatever, only when you throw double the RMS to the other subs is when they pull ahead. Dont sleep on JL subs, in a proper setup you can hair trick easily. I've personally seen it done with W3s in a 4th order blow through in a chysler 300. I'm pretty sure you've never used a proper JL woofer before if you are making those kind of comments.
no but i've heard many yeas they sound fine.. i was even surprised by a w0 1 time sealed in truck box but still no reason for that sub to cost anywhere over $100.. yes if u get w6 cheap great.., there's a jl in jl box used on fb or offer up saw yesterday $800 please thats 2 new subs + box, it's just stupid they cost that much but same can be said for arc..

actually on the used jl sub i mentioned it's on fb 30 miles from me and it's a w7 in ho box with a jl xd 1k and a battery for $800 i won't lie thats a pretty good deal especially if it works and u could get it for $650 lol..

the w7's dont even need glue on the surround lol.

jl makes some of the best high end gear you can get, the w7s have been one of the best since they were released to this day. the price is worth it to some people.

It's almost like doing actual R&D, owning a large manufacturing facility in the first world, and paying employees average 44K a year instead of a couple bowls of rice a day costs money. And again, you've never auditioned their equipment. Still can't see the value there? Really? Sounds like sour grapes to me.

JL Audio brings manufacturing back from China - Sun Sentinel

Mostly when people here recommend against JL is when the poster is trying to DIY (where they have other equally or more expensive options) or when the guy who wants to "beat down the block" is asking if the W3 is a good choice.

Meanwhile Sundown 600.1 amp has MSRP of 350$ which is mighty close to what you can own a 500/1 for and I'd take the 500/1 every day of the week out of the two. Not everybody shops at the flea market for audio because many of us aren't happy with flea market sound, reliability, and resale value.

actually on the used jl sub i mentioned it's on fb 30 miles from me and it's a w7 in ho box with a jl xd 1k and a battery for $800 i won't lie thats a pretty good deal especially if it works and u could get it for $650 lol..
There's a guy up here that was doing 151 and change with two of those 12W7s on two 1200/1 amps and his car sounds great (JL components and amps all around). Buy the W7 and amp and it'll outperform whatever you have going now be every measure and still be worth what you paid for it in 5 years assuming you don't break it through abuse.

yeah w6 and w7 are good subs and many more peeps would own them if they were 1/2 price.. us jobs are great fu makes subs here don't charge $119 for a 1.5" coil in fact the have 2" coil like $59.. can't blame $1000 12 and box on made in usa me and a another guy could start sub box company sell boxes with 1 fu or whatever 12" sub in them for $500 shipped and make profit and thats with me paying full price for subs so whats jl's excuse?

yeah w6 and w7 are good subs and many more peeps would own them if they were 1/2 price.. us jobs are great fu makes subs here don't charge $119 for a 1.5" coil in fact the have 2" coil like $59.. can't blame $1000 12 and box on made in usa me and a another guy could start sub box company sell boxes with 1 fu or whatever 12" sub in them for $500 shipped and make profit and thats with me paying full price for subs so whats jl's excuse?
quality control costs money, they dont sell disassembled subs

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.