Drove a Tesla Model S PD85 AWD

Jcsaudio

Senior VIP Member
My wife took a video in the back seat while I did a 0-50 mph run in the parking lot of the Mall. Took this car onto the interstate and all around town and it is an awesome car. No waiting for the power to respond on this one either and no noise except for the wind. It was very cold out limiting the capacity of the battery so the salesman said the 0-60 run was limited to just 3.8 seconds, lol.

My wife took a video in the back seat while I did a 0-50 mph run in the parking lot of the Mall. Took this car onto the interstate and all around town and it is an awesome car. No waiting for the power to respond on this one either and no noise except for the wind. It was very cold out limiting the capacity of the battery so the salesman said the 0-60 run was limited to just 3.8 seconds, lol.

A Tesla Model S would beat my Nissan Leaf, although we'd BOTH beat you off the line in the first 300 ft! Isn't the TORQUE CURVE of 100% electrics amazing?

I LOVE beating especially big heavy trucks off a stop light! Hee hee! They never saw a little red car move SO FAST! :) And the best thing, uses ZERO gasoline! Has bars of charge like your phone! Hee hee!

John Kuthe...

yeah i saw show that raced tesla and a hell cat tesla ate it in qtr mile cause u don't have to wait for power to build it had all of it's torque as soon as u hit the pedal.. impressive cars., be great if normal peeps could afford them.. even if they just made a 0-60 in 8sec car with cloth seats for $25k they'd sell millions..

A Tesla Model S would beat my Nissan Leaf, although we'd BOTH beat you off the line in the first 300 ft! Isn't the TORQUE CURVE of 100% electrics amazing?
I LOVE beating especially big heavy trucks off a stop light! Hee hee! They never saw a little red car move SO FAST! :) And the best thing, uses ZERO gasoline! Has bars of charge like your phone! Hee hee!

John Kuthe...
ChTG5uYUoAAv2l_.jpg

Ahhh. Thought it was about electric cars in general. Carry on then lol
naw dude i'd love me a tesla model S, sh*t drives soo smooth. Literally no delay in acceleration. In California traffic, thats everything. Cars that do better in the long distance run have zero place in Cali.

John Kuthe...
If a Nissan leak could beat that Tesla model S off the line than that would be an amazing feat. The Tesla model S can do 0-60 in 2.5 seconds when the conditions are just right.

I remember when I had my modified Toyota Tundra, lot’s of low end torque, and a guy in a Honda Insight destroyed me off the line. You know those tiny little two seat cars with the rear wheel only half exposed. Totally surprised me! That car I believe is a hybrid electric, one of Honda’s first.

yeah i saw show that raced tesla and a hell cat tesla ate it in qtr mile cause u don't have to wait for power to build it had all of it's torque as soon as u hit the pedal.. impressive cars., be great if normal peeps could afford them.. even if they just made a 0-60 in 8sec car with cloth seats for $25k they'd sell millions..
The Tesla model 3 4 door sedan similar in size to a Camry starts at $35,000 before tax incentives (for electric) and goes 0-60 in 5.6 seconds. I’ve got my eye on one of those too but they are back ordered for I think 2 years now.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.