Need some professional box plans for single 12

I was thinking of using 1/2" on the port to gain some cubes but it's very minimal. It's gonna be hard to get 3 cubes after displacement. I'll try some different measurements and see what I can come up with.

This is a little better cubic ft wise. This would be using a 6" round port. The dimensions I gave are the max dimensions, I could go bigger but if the owner of the car ever had to get to his battery, it would be a no go. The stock battery is in the trunk

Id go with more port area. about 35 with that size box..

there is something called port dampening. the smaller the port the more restrictive it is and the less it peaks at tuning. think of the EQ with a varible Q. when you put it on 2 the peak is wide, when you put it on .5 its much narrower. the ports compliance works in a similar way. the small port has a higher Q and there for doesn't peak as hard and peaks over a wider bandwidth. while the larger port peaks harder around tuning and falls off faster.

if your box is large it does something similar. the larger box peaks harder at tuning and falls off faster as you get away from tuning.

the trick is to have enouhg port area to get good flow around tuning without being so peaky above and blow tuning and choosing the right size box to get low enough but not loose compliance(efficency) above the boxes tune.

3 cubes will give you excellent lowend and you need a good deal of port area in order to have lower resistance with the increased xmax. thing is its going to peak hard about 10 hz above tuning down to about 10 hz below tuning so from about 28hz-45hz it will kick *** but above that its gonna sound funny..

try massive design if you like it great. if you want something that sounds decent and still gets loud let me know..

massive is a good guy and has a good deal of experience. we just disagree on the things like keeping group delay down, I like using more port area to get the lowend/gains he likes to use the larger boxes to do so. honestly the larger box will work.

note massive have you looked at the newer models? they have alot lower QES. the vas and fs is still pretty higher though.

again IMO i think 2.5 with 40in^2 is perfect.

Port area look good? And should I cut it to length after flaring? Also should I fire the port out the side? It would be about 3-4" from the side of the trunk.
Yes when using areo ports the sweet spot is like 9-10" and your at 10"per so your good. 3-4" away from the side of the trunk is good... Are you making your aero port?

Yes when using areo ports the sweet spot is like 9-10" and your at 10"per so your good. 3-4" away from the side of the trunk is good... Are you making your aero port?
i dont know who told yall this load of **** but port area is based off of A displacement B tuning and C woofers compliance. that is not a "sweet spot" of magic number for every woofer.

Last edited by a moderator:
i dont know who told yall this load of **** but port area is based off of A displacement B tuning and C woofers compliance. not sweet spot of magic number for every woofer.
Wtf are you talking about? Please explain what sub displacement has to do with port area. Port area is based on the net volume of the enclosure, Xmax of the sub(s), and amount of power you're running. That's the best example of a failed attempt to look like you know what you're doing. There's no need to be a d**k.

Wtf are you talking about? Please explain what sub displacement has to do with port area. Port area is based on the net volume of the enclosure, Xmax of the sub(s), and amount of power you're running. That's the best example of a failed attempt to look like you know what you're doing. There's no need to be a d**k.
more more air the woofer displaces the bigger the port has to be.. DUH

you sir are an idiot.. that's like saying a 10' driver and a 15 inch driver needs the same amount of port area even though they both have the same sized box and power. that it flat out wrong.

the tuning and displacement as well as suspension stiffness determine the port area you need. displacement its SD*Xmax/Xsus what even you prefer to use.. the lower you go in frequency the more port area you should use to avoid whistling.

this is so basic and you dont have a CLUE..

im going to make you lok like a **** food for trng to call me out now..

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.