Need some professional box plans for single 12

you sir are an idiot.. that's like saying a 10' driver and a 15 inch driver needs the same amount of port area even though they both have the same sized box and power. that it flat out wrong.
Congratulations you're a f*****g *******, you need to smoke some of that s**t. Mount the sub inverted and tell me WHY you're going to calculate what's outside of the enclosure to determine how much port area you need. Don't forget the displacement of the back seat headrests too. You know why WinISD doesn't have a box where you enter the displacement? Net volume.

I wouldn't even have posted if I would've realized how much stupidity is in every single one of your posts. Nothing you say is helpful in any way and you get defensive. We get it you want to feel important.

Congratulations you're a f*****g *******, you need to smoke some of that s**t. Mount the sub inverted and tell me WHY you're going to calculate what's outside of the enclosure to determine how much port area you need. Don't forget the displacement of the back seat headrests too. You know why WinISD doesn't have a box where you enter the displacement? Net volume.
I wouldn't even have posted if I would've realized how much stupidity is in every single one of your posts. Nothing you say is helpful in any way and you get defensive. We get it you want to feel important.

He's talking about air displacement from the stroke of the woofer... Not displacement of the woofers itself FYI.... I think, lol who knows what papermaker is ever talking about

Seems to me he has a compulsion to constantly post like an arrogant piece of **** in failed attempts to make himself look superior. I lose respect for him after every one of his posts that I read, based solely on how hard he tries to make his e-peen seem huge. That and the shockingly high amount of illiteracy displayed in every post. Most people come to online forums for learning and the exchange of ideas, not to stroke their own ego.

KMSL? If he follows through on the first 3 letters, I'll handle the last.

Seems to me he has a compulsion to constantly post like an arrogant piece of **** in failed attempts to make himself look superior. I lose respect for him after every one of his posts that I read, based solely on how hard he tries to make his e-peen seem huge. That and the shockingly high amount of illiteracy displayed in every post. Most people come to online forums for learning and the exchange of ideas, not to stroke their own ego.
KMSL? If he follows through on the first 3 letters, I'll handle the last.
thank you.. its so fun!

anything else you have an opinion on? you really hurt my feelings.

i think your where confused.

I should have been clear. i assume most people knew what i meant by displacement.

i mean the Vd as in the sub's diaphragm displacement and stroke. box size tuning frequency and the driver as well as the cabin all affect one another. that's why i told massive there is not "magic number" every install is a little different.

i ESP notice this with drivers that have a HIGH Rms.. granted the lower CMS/RMS drivers are a-lot more forgiving i just dont like to see it generalized.

i'm not tiring to be a smart *** or stoke my ego. because i assure you when someone bring up a good point and i maybe wrong i definitely do research and do test to confirm.

you guys get uptight with me but you never seem to look at how you approach me. all you have to do is question me not spout off like an asS. i dont get off on putting people down.. sometimes i spend hours helping people troubleshoot along with other things.

i never claimed to be the most knowledgeable. i do have a pretty good understand of the phsyics behind this stuff and have spend 10s of thousands on the hobbie. i dont dislike anyone here. i could honestly careless i could also careles who likes or does like me. ill still help anyone anyway i can. and about 90% of the time im being a sarcastic ******* and joking.

i dont care massive if you dont like me. Ill still help you out if you ever needed. do i car if you like me? not really. Id like some respect which i dont get but oh well you cant please them all..

now from my testing Ive noticed that the compliance QES box size tuning cabin even phase relationship between the port all affect tuning fr and damping.

IE ideally you want the port and the driver to couple and resonate at the same frequency and have the same damping as well as acoustical impedance. the closeest thing we have to that is the transmission line and even it is limited to a narrow bandwidth.

when i recommend the smaller box its because above tuning the driver relies on the box to dampen it mechanically, while around fb(boxes tuning frequency) the port controls the cone much more.. too much and output suffers and lowend suffers. same with to small a box output and lowend suffer.. so its finding that balance in that alignment with x amount of power at x tune in x cabin that leads me to recommend the alignments i do. if you disagree that is fine. i'm not arguing that. i'm sure you have your reasons

sure some of my alignments are generalized and rightfully so. because i have measure every possible variable. but what i do know is that from the many many woofers ive tested that ive come to the conclusion we much better understand the driver there alignments and the enviroment they are in to get a good idea of what we want and what others might enjoy..

now, **** my ****.. fagots!

i think your where confused. I should have been clear. i assume most people knew what i meant by displacement.

i mean the Vd as in the sub's diaphragm displacement and stroke. box size tuning frequency and the driver as well as the cabin all affect one another. that's why i told massive there is not "magic number" every install is a little different.

i ESP notice this with drivers that have a HIGH Rms.. granted the lower CMS/RMS drivers are a-lot more forgiving i just dont like to see it generalized.

i'm not tiring to be a smart *** or stoke my ego. because i assure you when someone bring up a good point and i maybe wrong i definitely do research and do test to confirm.

you guys get uptight with me but you never seem to look at how you approach me. all you have to do is question me not spout off like an asS. i dont get off on putting people down.. sometimes i spend hours helping people troubleshoot along with other things.

i never claimed to be the most knowledgeable. i do have a pretty good understand of the phsyics behind this stuff and have spend 10s of thousands on the hobbie. i dont dislike anyone here. i could honestly careless i could also careles who likes or does like me. ill still help anyone anyway i can. and about 90% of the time im being a sarcastic ******* and joking.

i dont care massive if you dont like me. Ill still help you out if you ever needed. do i car if you like me? not really. Id like some respect which i dont get but oh well you cant please them all..

now from my testing Ive noticed that the compliance QES box size tuning cabin even phase relationship between the port all affect tuning fr and damping.

IE ideally you want the port and the driver to couple and resonate at the same frequency and have the same damping as well as acoustical impedance. the closeest thing we have to that is the transmission line and even it is limited to a narrow bandwidth.

when i recommend the smaller box its because above tuning the driver relies on the box to dampen it mechanically, while around fb(boxes tuning frequency) the port controls the cone much more.. too much and output suffers and lowend suffers. same with to small a box output and lowend suffer.. so its finding that balance in that alignment with x amount of power at x tune in x cabin that leads me to recommend the alignments i do. if you disagree that is fine. i'm not arguing that. i'm sure you have your reasons

sure some of my alignments are generalized and rightfully so. because i have measure every possible variable. but what i do know is that from the many many woofers ive tested that ive come to the conclusion we much better understand the driver there alignments and the enviroment they are in to get a good idea of what we want and what others might enjoy..

now, **** my ****.. fagots!
Do you have dyslexia?

i cant spell. that's for sure. you have something constructive to say? or you gonna go back to being adulbrich's lil *****? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif
You really should get it checked out. You're a tad too old to have the same problems spelling as kids these days with their droidpods and screenphones.

In the scope of this thread I agree with a few of your statements and wholeheartedly disagree with/want to ridicule many other statements, but it would be a wasted effort. The people who would understand what we would be arguing about wouldn't benefit from our discourse (and a good chance they know more than you or I) and then most other people have no use for reading our argument about theory that will not be applicable in 97% of the types of installations to which this forum caters.

Unless someone is designing or wanting to build an exotic enclosure then the best approach and use of time imo would be build several different boxes and experiment to see what type of enclosure works best in your scenario. Even that would be overkill for many people as general "rule of thumb" advice or manufacturer specifications (with a grain of salt) can generally get them in the ballpark especially when compared to a prefab. It's not ideal, but it's a starting point at worst or a box they can likely be happy with at best.

As far as my promiscuous activities, tonight I plan on showing adulbrich a new and exciting channel; it's called Manimal Planet and tonight they are having a special called "Frisky Paws around Midnight":yumyum:

You really should get it checked out. You're a tad too old to have the same problems spelling as kids these days with their droidpods and screenphones.
In the scope of this thread I agree with a few of your statements and wholeheartedly disagree with/want to ridicule many other statements, but it would be a wasted effort. The people who would understand what we would be arguing about wouldn't benefit from our discourse (and a good chance they know more than you or I) and then most other people have no use for reading our argument about theory that will not be applicable in 97% of the types of installations to which this forum caters.

Unless someone is designing or wanting to build an exotic enclosure then the best approach and use of time imo would be build several different boxes and experiment to see what type of enclosure works best in your scenario. Even that would be overkill for many people as general "rule of thumb" advice or manufacturer specifications (with a grain of salt) can generally get them in the ballpark especially when compared to a prefab. It's not ideal, but it's a starting point at worst or a box they can likely be happy with at best.

As far as my promiscuous activities, tonight I plan on showing adulbrich a new and exciting channel; it's called Manimal Planet and tonight they are having a special called "Frisky Paws around Midnight":yumyum:
if you say so.. im always willing to learn.. even if i make an *** out of myself. anyways. last time you said some shit like that you disappeared for weeks.

BTW im fine. thanks for your concern.. laughs hysterically. its simple im just not a great writer. it does hold an interest. i talked to ******* and was so high in English i didn't learn anything.. matter fact i saw one a few years back from English class at the club.. she was nasty as fukck..

if you say so.. im always willing to learn.. even if i make an *** out of myself. anyways. last time you said some shit like that you disappeared for weeks.
You should only be worried if adulbrich disappears as well:suave:

He may enjoy having polyfill put in his port. Roundover? More like bendover:naughty:

i don't know if you remember a few months ago yall two where talking about fingers in buts but i think i KNOW what really happened.

adulbrich(from now on call allb)lured you in with his supposed hot mom and kept you in the basement in confinement.

seriously though. hows the new crib?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.