Need some professional box plans for single 12

I'm needing help designing a box for a single 12 kicker l7. Main goal for this box is for it to be loud. It will mainly be subjected to rap/hip hop music. I know kicker is not a goto speaker but this is what I have to play with, and really just trying to prove that 1 12 in the right box can sound better than 2 in a prefab. The max size of the box 32 wide x 14 tall x 17 deep. I'm fine with any port configuration. This box will be in a Dodge Challenger. The sub needs to fire towards the trunk and I can put the port anywhere. It can be a t-line, slot or round port. Whichever one will get the loudest. The sub will be on a 1200rms kicker amp.

can you get that box in the trunk? make sure the trunk opening will allow you to put tge box in .

---------- Post added at 09:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:52 AM ----------

2.25-2.5 tuned to 34 does good

can you get that box in the trunk? make sure the trunk opening will allow you to put tge box in . 

---------- Post added at 09:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:52 AM ----------

2.25-2.5 tuned to 34 does good
Yep that's the size of the prefab box that's in the car now.

Lmao at papermaker. Them some professional box plans ya have right there //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

Op. Kicker l7 like big boxes I'd do 3cubes tuned to 32hz port 3.5"x10.. I don't have sketch up or anything so I can't give you cut sheets but I've done a few boxes to those specs and they just straight hammer!

3 cubes for a 12 wtf?

if you want a design pm me.. like i said depending on power 2.25 to 2.5 is plenty.. the amount of port area needed changes the frequency response. the larger tge pirt the faster the subs unload..

3 cubes for a 12 wtf?if you want a design pm me.. like i said depending on power 2.25 to 2.5 is plenty.. the amount of port area needed changes the frequency response. the larger tge pirt the faster the subs unload..
its a square sub. You base your cubic feet depending on cone area as well. That L7 sub has close to as much cone area as a single 15. 2.25 is definitely waay too small.

its a square sub. You base your cubic feet depending on cone area as well. That L7 sub has close to as much cone area as a single 15. 2.25 is definitely waay too small.
air space is based off of QES and compliance. kicker recommends 1.75-3.25.. last box I built a l7 12 45in^2 in 2.5 was perfect.. hit hard down low and still had decent top end... smallest id go is 2.25 biggest Id go is 3.. I typically don't like to suggest bottom heavy alignments because you have to typically cross them lower and if someone like a little rock and of the output is non existent.. the 3 cube alignment is for the faltest widest response.

I'm telling ya 3cubes after displacement... That picture u are only 2.3cubes

3 cubes

Port 3.5"x10" tuned to roughly 30hz will hammer

And why is your port .5" and your box .750"???? It should all be .75" if your using 3/4" wood

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.