Need some info.

Participant count
  • Participant list

SVTLightning01
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
I recently bought a 2004 325Ci with the HK premium sound system (yea right).

The car has 10 speakers in it. In the front doors, it has a tweeter, 2.5speaker and a 6.25 speaker. Im replacing the doors with a set of diamond d651 components off a pg amp.

The rear deck has 2 6x9 speakers (as they call the subwoofers). My question is, should i just put a good set of 6x9s to replace them, or should i do a another set of comps? I have 2 channels left on the amp, 50watts a channel. Not sure what actual rms is since i havent recieved the amp in the mail yet.

Ive looked into the diamond d391 coaxials, kicker ds, and have owned pioneer before. Im sure the comps im putting in will give me the highs im looking for since its a small coupe. What would be my best option for more mid-low bass without putting a sub in. I will put a sub in later, just want something to get me by for now.

Thanks.

ive looked at those, but my amp is 50 x4 @4ohm. 8 ohm wouldnt do me any good.
Does your substage need to be in stereo?

If not you could wire them in parallel with each other and then bridge those two open amp channels to a mono bridged channel and drive them that way...

Certainly you don't have to go with the Tang Bands but it's a really economical solution that uses the space currently available without having to do any cutting. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

In my car, i through out all 10 (they count the tweeters and mids as seperate speakers even though they're all part of the same crappy component set) stock speakers and put some Type X's in the front and a pair of IDmax's in the trunk. I know there's not a lot of info on the type X's out there, but those things have TONS of midbass and they blend in with the subs quite nicely.

IMO, forget about the rears and buy the nicest component set you can afford for the front stage and then save up for a nicely designed, ported box and a high quality 12" sub.

Also...check out http://forum.e46fanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=22

im on e46fanatics, just figured ca.com would be more of a help. i will probably do that, i have a d610d4 and a m612mkII at home. Ill just do the comps for now. Since i have 2 extra channels, should i just bridge both doors? Should put me at about 100wrms and the comps i bought are 80w nominal...

im on e46fanatics, just figured ca.com would be more of a help. i will probably do that, i have a d610d4 and a m612mkII at home. Ill just do the comps for now. Since i have 2 extra channels, should i just bridge both doors? Should put me at about 100wrms and the comps i bought are 80w nominal...
M6mkII12 = //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/yumyum.gif.0556df42231b304b9c995aefd13928a8.gif

You can bridge your amp but isn't is going to output more than 100w in bridged mode?

yea, it would be more, just running around here and didnt think correctly. it would be 250x2 which would be about 125 wrmsx2?
If it is rated for 250w RMS then it will be however close to that mark that you set it for (I'm talking about the stickied tutorial on gain setting here)

It might be too much power, but you could always keep the gains down. I'd recommend connecting the speakers in bridged mode and comparing that to running the two channels un-bridged.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

SVTLightning01

10+ year member
Senior VIP Member
SVTLightning01
San Diego, CA
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date