Need Some Advice on my Setup

first, learn to set your amp gain right. heres how. the test tones are at the very bottom

if you dont get that right, everything else dont matter

Also my budget for everything subs a new amp and battery is 1000-1300 probably
You have a small alternator with an aggressive regulator. Ditch the aftermarket battery and use that money towards a performance alternator.

You might even be able to keep your amp, it's going to get alot louder just by switching alternators (I wouldn't be surprised if your actually creating less than 500 watts right now with your stock alternator).

Your amp (Polk D1000.1) has a 120amp fuse and is rated for 1200RMS, with good electrical it should get very loud with 2x12s

Last edited:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

Similar threads

a lot of crossovers have a 3 way switch for the tweeters volume. id look into that JL makes really good subs but theyre $$$$ i got one of these...
Honestly, beyond what you need. It will do the trick for sure, but it is excessive. Not a bad thing, just more than you will ever need. No need...
thanks 1aespinoza for advice I decided to not use the blaupunk I got a real nice Pioneer.
Man, sounds great - no pun intended! Glad you're happy with those Morels, I think they are special. Not sure why they don't get the local love. I...
I'd also recommend that at the very least, you deaden the doors with some sort of mass layer like this Siless Max 120 mil (3mm) 30 sqft Car Sound...

About this thread

nictowey

CarAudio.com Newbie
nictowey
New Hampshire
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from