need new sub/amp after 4 ch amp install???

Participant count
  • Participant list

xoch1
10+ year member

iowa
Right now I have 2 12 in planet audio subs i believe 180 watts each powered by a 2 channel bridged amp 360 watt at 4 ohm. I usually listen with the headunit set at 23 out of 35. I want to add a 4 channel amp for the speakers. My question is will I need to upgrade the sub/amp setup? I assume that when I add the 4 ch amp, the headunit will not be turned up to 23, im guessing a lot lower than that (12-13 or something like that) . So with it being lower, will I still get the same amount of base? The gain for the sub amp is already at ¾ so no room to increase on that.

The amp for the interior speakers will have nothing to do with the amp for the subs. Just make sure that your h/u has enough pre-outs to accomodate your four channel also.

yes it has enough pre outs. I just thought with the 4 ch amp I wouldnt have to turn the headunit as high and in turn that would decrease the amount of power sent to the sub amp. Sorry for the noob questions. Just startin to learn about this stuff.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.