NEED HELP!!!

Participant count
  • Participant list

lukehester

CarAudio.com Newbie
Okay, i'm new to car audio and need some insight. So i have 2 DVC SA-12 subs @ 2 ohms per coil. My amp is a Ampere Audio AA-2000.1d that is 2000w @ 1 ohm and 1000w @ 2 ohms. The amp is a monoblock so it has only 1 channel, but has 2 positive terminals and 2 negative terminals. My goal is to get 1000 watts to each sub, but i'm not sure exactly how to do that or if it is even possible. From my understanding, the terminals are actually connected. My question is, can i wire 1 sub down to 1 ohm and run it into one positive and one negative, then do the same thing with the other sub, but plug it into the other positive and negative to ultimately reach 1 ohm and 2000 watts?

You could wire them down to a .5 ohm load, but I don’t know if that amp would be stable. Other than that you’re stuck with a minimum 2 ohms. Anyway you could exchange the subs for dual 4 ohm VCs?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.