Need help with ohms for amps

I wasn’t trying to be funny. And I’m now guessing you are talking about running all the equipment off your head unit without any external crossovers or whatever, right?
I was just making a joke. Sorry, sometimes my humor doesn't translate to text. Think the u12 will hit hard running just off the deck, lol.

Why is it so hard to believe? I'm running a MD3K, DS800X4, and DS250X2 on a 95 amp alternator. It hit 143.8 with the car off in my garage. It hasn't even been tuned yet. The Sundown SAZ1500 did just over 1,600 at .8 ohms and ove 14 volts. The MD1800 does about 2,300 at 12.6v. So, you are telling him to underpower the sub, that's all. And, no, my voltage doesn't drop below 13, unless my car is turned off. 4.050 rated watts and a 95 amp alternator. Old cars don't have a lot of electrical going on. No computers.
And I never told him to get a SAZ-1500d. I told him to get a SAE-1500d. Everybody who is dedicated to sundown knows about the newer SAZ-1500d before they stoped making them. That’s the one on that YouTube dyno video, the newer one.

I was just making a joke. Sorry, sometimes my humor doesn't translate to text. Think the u12 will hit hard running just off the deck, lol.
What about the sae-1500d for the u and the 100.4 for the coax speakers. The speakers are rated at 250rms per side. 200 for the mid and 50 for the tweeter

Watch a real Sundown amp. And like I said, dynamic is pointless and doesn’t imitate real life music play. That’s bs. But you will see my amp puts out almost 6000 watts dynamic but that’s pointless.

Last edited:
Just sayin!
Screenshot_20200312-003925_Samsung Internet.jpg

Now, you want him to run three batteries for 2,400 watts? The MD1800 will provide more power and less current draw. And, considerably cheaper.
The 1800 will pull more than 300 amps. Bobby you don’t know what you are talking about. And he doesn’t necessarily need that much battery but always more is better for reserve. With the sae-2000d he will pull a little more than 200 amps and with the sae-1500 he will pull around 175 amps

Last edited:
Brazilian always has pulled just a little bit more current than Korean. Not that much depending on what Brazilian brand you go with, like taramps only pulls a **** hair more than sundown but isn’t as tough and bulletproof as sundown.

I'll take my MD3000 over the Sundown. For that U sub, price, size, and current draw all factored in. I could buy two MD3k. The OP should get an MD1800 or MD3k for the U sub in a ported box. Just do the big three, decent alternator, and a good AGM (only one total) battery in the stock location. He'll be perfectly fine.

The 1800 will pull more than 300 amps. Bobby you don’t know what you are talking about.

Money isn't really the issue. I just always like to get the best bang for my buck while also getting good quality. Not like a fanboi of any company. If there's other even better options I'm definitely all ears.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.