Need help with ohms for amps

Cause you are lying about something. Those are actual readings.
OP, an MD1800 sounds like what you are looking for. But, if I were you, get the Smart 3k and adjust your gains properly.

Now, I'm a liar? Do you need to see pics of my system? The biggest alternator that I could find was a 95 amp. 1-15", 4-6.5", and two tweets. Hit 143.8, doors open, car off and from the windshield.

Money isn't really the issue. I just always like to get the best bang for my buck while also getting good quality. Not like a fanboi of any company. If there's other even better options I'm definitely all ears.
Go with a sundown sae 2000d and a sae 100.4 and around a 250 amp alternator with some kind of agm reserve battery in the trunk just in case, and of course a big 3 upgrade. Sundown are great amps. Taramps are good bang for the buck and are good amps but they pull a lot of current and you have to have the electrical system to support them amps because they can’t handle low voltage for long. Together them 2 taramps would pull almost 400 amps. You would need a even bigger alternator and battery.

Go with a sundown sae 2000d and a sae 100.4 and around a 250 amp alternator with some kind of agm reserve battery in the trunk just in case, and of course a big 3 upgrade. Sundown are great amps. Taramps are good bang for the buck and are good amps but they pull a lot of current and you have to have the electrical system to support them amps because they can’t handle low voltage for long. Together them 2 taramps would pull almost 400 amps. You would need a even bigger alternator and battery.

I'm running all three of these with a 95 amp alternator:
Taramps MD3000 single 15"
Taramps DS800X4 four 6.5"
Taramps DS250X2. two tweets

Do the big three, alternator, and only one AGM in the stock location. Believe me, you'll be fine.

OP, an MD1800 sounds like what you are looking for. But, if I were you, get the Smart 3k and adjust your gains properly.

Now, I'm a liar? Do you need to see pics of my system? The biggest alternator that I could find was a 95 amp. 1-15", 4-6.5", and two tweets. Hit 143.8, doors open, car off and from the windshield.
You don’t even address his electrical he needs and are telling him to get amps that each pull over 300 amperes. Nor do you address the 4 channel amp not add that current into play. You don’t make sense. He could go with the smart 3. That’s not a bad choice at all. But he would need even more alternator and battery amps than my suggestion. Taramps is just for if you want big power for small money. But if money isn’t an issue then go with better quality. Sundown is better quality. Korean amps are better quality than Brazilian. I’m done arguing. I’m just gonna wake up with so many taramp fans disliking my posts because your ass pulled me into another argument. You’re some ******** Bobby and a piece of **** person that wants to be accepted. Well Bobby, I took the lime light off you so now they can be mad at me about talking sideways about taramps. I even do nice things for the unworthy. Peace out, Bobby.

Last edited:
I'm running all three of these with a 95 amp alternator:
Taramps MD3000 single 15"
Taramps DS800X4 four 6.5"
Taramps DS250X2. two tweets

Do the big three, alternator, and only one AGM in the stock location. Believe me, you'll be fine.
And before I leave. You are running more than a 95 amp alternator. A 95 amp alternator won’t support that much current. That’s like 450 amps of current. Bye Bobby!

OP, sorry about that. Taramps are great amps. Like I said, I also have a 55 year old car. People don't understand that we aren't running computers, GPS, back-up cameras, etc... all we have is headlights, tail lights, and turn signals. So, smaller alternators can work for us. You should pick what you are most comfortable with. Good luck and keep us updated!

It's the biggest off the shelf VW alternator that I could find. I'm not a liar.
Then you would have to be running extra batteries. Nobody should ever listen to you. Anybody that can do math can see there is something wrong with your equation. And even if you are running that on that low amperage then your amps aren’t seeing nowhere near their potential. But fuk it. Idc. I’m never gonna go back and forth with you again. Now I have to wait for the taramps guys to shun me. You know the guys I’m talking about. The guys you are trying so badly to get to accept you. The guys nuts who you wish you could sit on and kiss their ass holes even when they bashed you like a queer kid the day before. Smh

Last edited:
Then you would have to be running extra batteries. Nobody should ever listen to you Bobby.

I have one extra battery. Why shouldn't anybody listen. I have real World experience with a 55 year old car running 4.050 rated watts with a 95 amp alternator. What is your experience with systems in 55 year old cars? You are telling him to run three batteries, a h/o alternator and a big three upgrade for 2,400 watts total.

And before I leave. You are running more than a 95 amp alternator. A 95 amp alternator won’t support that much current. That’s like 450 amps of current. Bye Bobby!

Don't tell me what I'm running. I bought the motherfugker!
20200312_014832.jpg

Taramps are good bang for the buck and are good amps but they pull a lot of current and you have to have the electrical system to support them amps because they can’t handle low voltage for long. Together them 2 taramps would pull almost 400 amps. You would need a even bigger alternator and battery.

100% incorrect.

Taramps MD and Smart line are designed to run at 12.6 volts.

I’ve seen HD8ks low voltage protect at 9 volts over and over and over again at shows and never have a problem. ( Shenchez explorer)

amperage pulled on the dyno with a SINE WAVE and amperage pulled on music will no nowhere near each other.

Taramps amps are very efficient. But what do I know I’ve only had 11 of them.

Last edited:
100% incorrect.

Taramps MD and Smart line are designed to run at 12.6 volts.

I’ve seen HD8ks low voltage protect at 9 volts over and over and over again at shows and never have a problem. ( Shenchez explorer)

amperage pulled on the dyno with a SINE WAVE and amperage pulled on music will no nowhere near each other.

Taramps amps are very efficient. But what do I know I’ve only had 11 of them.

I know running a sine wave is gonna pull more current. I thought taramps were known for messing up if they get too hot or drop too low too many times? They are good amps, they are just real current hungry and when it’s time to eat, they chow down more than Koreans. Koreans manage a well balanced diet and Brazilians are real hungry. I’m gonna get an 8k when I upgrade. So I’m far from hating them.

Last edited:
I beat the ever living **** out of my HD10k and couldn't kill it. Low voltage, high voltage, clipping the **** out of it. The MD, Bass, and Smart line are much better built than the old HD line. 4 fans keep them nice and cool. But like any amp if you clip them a ton they will get warm. High rail voltage less current draw. Expect under 150 amps draw out of the smart 3 on music. When you clip them is when they get inefficient.

The Smart 3 can't be beat right now in terms of power, reliability, and price.

I was looking into that amp. It does 3000 rms at 12.6 but not much more at 14.4. That’s weird. Usually them taramps have a significant increase once they reach 14.4 or 14.6. It must be because that smart amp has a computer or some sh!t, idk. I kinda like it. But if I were to ever go with a taramps it would be a 8 to 12k.

ok, so what about the highs and mids? i think i'll pass on the 6x9"s in the back. so, i'll just be running the 2 way 6.5 components up front. specifically the d4s-60 with a 1 inch tweeter and crossover. these are 4ohm. says almost 200 watts rms for the 6.5 and 50 watts rms for the tweeter. i'd like to get as close to rated power and possibly then some rather than under powering. is that the right line of thought?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.