XKawN916

CarAudio.com Recruit
I will have a pair of
6.5 @ 4ohm 150 watts each
1" tweeter 4ohm 50 watts each
6x9 4ohm 60 watts each

And a single
12" woofer with dual 2ohm 1500 watts

Trying to figure out what amps I need for these. Would like to go with quality amps. Was hoping for fosgate amps. I just don't understand too much about the ohm thing.

Was thinking for the
6x9 (60w each) and 1" tweeters (50w each) I could use Rockford Fosgate R300X4 which is rated at 50w x 4 @ 4ohm.

For the 6.5 (150w each) I could use the Rockford Fosgate T400X4ad which is rated at 200w x 2 @ 4ohm

For the woofer (1500 w) single sub with dual 2ohm vc I could go Rockford Fosgate T1000-1bdCP which is rated at 1000w x1 @ 2ohm

I know I'm under powering sub, but that's intentional.

Does this work? Thank you guys.

In regards to the woofer, you're not going to be able to or want to run it at two ohms from a mono amp. You have a dual 2 ohm voice coil subwoofer. This means that it will have two terminals (one for each voice coil). Both of these need to be supplied an equal amount of power. Now, from a mono amp which will have one channel, you will need to decide weather you are going to run the wires parallel to the subwoofer. This means running the +and- wires to one of the voice coil terminals and daisy chaining to the +and- of the next voice coil. This will produce a one ohm load on your amp probably producing @ 1400 watts if it does 1000 at 2ohms. The other option (and you will not want to do this) it's possible you could run it in series to the sub, +from amp to + of first voice coil, then - of first voice coil to + of second voice coil, then - of second voice coil back to amp which would produce a 4ohm load on the amp. This will make the amp more efficient at the cost of watts. But you see, you will not be able to run a dual 2ohm voice coil sub at 2ohms on a mono amp.

4 channel for the mids and tweeters and a mono amp that is one ohm stable. Im guessing the 6x9s are rear speakers? Just run them off the headunit.

Pioneer 8704
Taramps DS800x4
NVX JAD800.4
US Acoustics Barbra ann

NVX VAD27001
Taramps MD1800
Soundqubed Q2200.2
US Acoustics Mike

Thank you guys very much. Just an fyi. I'm not a installer, obviously. I will be having stuff installed by a professional. I would just rather get all my products for when he does the install. Right now I'm looking for amps and I don't want to buy the wrong things. So the 12 inch sub (sundown u12 dual 2ohm) will need a amp that is 1ohm capable? Just 1 sub. And the 6.5' have the 6's which are 4ohm 200 watts rms each and the 1 inch tweeters are 4ohm 50 watts rms each. Crossover included. So, if I wanted to run 50 watts to the tweeters and 200 watts to the mids do I need 2 seperate amp since there's no amps that have 2 200w channels and 2 50w channels? Or how does that work? Thank you.

Awesome. Makes sense now. So, 4 channel 4ohm 200x4 with the 2 tweet channels turned down. rear fill 6x9's off deck and 1ohm mono amp for sub. Sound Right?

Should work. That Taramps Smart 3K is a very versatile amp, it can do 3k at multiple ohm loads. Also, Taramps are rated at 12.6v. Just make sure that you order the right DS model. Both amps should run you about $420 total

Wait so your "6.5 @ 4ohm 150 watts each 1" tweeter 4ohm 50 watts each" is a component set? The crossover connects the tweeter and mid together. So you can run the left and right components off two channels and the 6x9s off the other two channels.

I thought you had separate mids and tweeters with no crossovers.

If you are going with the Taramps Smart 3 you are going to need some electrical upgrades to power it correctly. Big 3 upgrade, and rear battery or much better front battery depending on the vehicle.

Wait so your "6.5 @ 4ohm 150 watts each 1" tweeter 4ohm 50 watts each" is a component set? The crossover connects the tweeter and mid together. So you can run the left and right components off two channels and the 6x9s off the other two channels.

I thought you had separate mids and tweeters with no crossovers.

If you are going with the Taramps Smart 3 you are going to need some electrical upgrades to power it correctly. Big 3 upgrade, and rear battery or much better front battery depending on the vehicle.
yeah, so the 6.5 is a 2 way component set with crossovers (D4S-60/t25 level 1 pro audio combo). says 200w rms for mids and 50w rms for tweeters. the 6x9's are memphis prx6903 which say 60w rms each. all 4ohms. woofer is sundown u-d2 which is dual 2ohm 1500rms just one single sub. the 6.5 will be in kick panel, the tweeter probably in door, 6x9 below rear window and sd u-12 in a sealed box in trunk. deck is a pioneer deh-80prs.

yeah, so the 6.5 is a 2 way component set with crossovers (D4S-60/t25 level 1 pro audio combo). says 200w rms for mids and 50w rms for tweeters. the 6x9's are memphis prx6903 which say 60w rms each. all 4ohms. woofer is sundown u-d2 which is dual 2ohm 1500rms just one single sub. the 6.5 will be in kick panel, the tweeter probably in door, 6x9 below rear window and sd u-12 in a sealed box in trunk. deck is a pioneer deh-80prs.

Why are you going with a sealed box? The 6"x9"'s aren't going to add much, if anything. Especially, if you run them off the deck.

Why are you going with a sealed box? The 6"x9"'s aren't going to add much, if anything. Especially, if you run them off the deck.
mostly space reasons. i'm not looking to really break any spl records (obviously, lol) more a SQ build. don't really wanna beat the heck out of my 65 mustang. trying to minimize the footprint. how bad will a sealed box **** with the U? it has a 1sf sealed recommendation.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.