need help with 3 way setup

GruesomeUser

CarAudio.com Newbie
florida
should I go with 6.5 in the door and 3" and tweeters on pillars? or all three in the doors

2016 ford f250 single cab 4x4 with Dual odyssey extream 145min reserve Battery's, Dual factory altinators stock wireing

Head unit
* Kenwood Excelon KMM-X704
6 channel pre amp

Subwoofers qty 4
* CT Sounds MESO-6-5 // 400 Watts RMS 6.5 Inch Car Subwoofer

Amplifier
* taramps md1800.1 class D mono (Subwoofer)
* still deciding on amps for 3way but I would prefer taramps brand

Doors 6.5, 3.5, and tweeters I'm considering
* Infinity Kappa Perfect 600 Series 6-1/2" component speaker system with Infinity Kappa Perfect 300m 3.5"

* DS18 DX3N 1160W Peak (280W) RMS 6.5” Deluxe Series 3-Way Component Speaker System

* ALUMA 6 - 6.5" 300 WATTS RMS 2 OHM 2 way COMPONENT KIT with dimond audio DES 3.5 “

Subwoofer box
* 1.8 cuft

Equalizer
* taking recommendations

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220220-200344_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20220220-200344_Chrome.jpg
    161.8 KB · Views: 48
  • Screenshot_20220220-200351_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20220220-200351_Chrome.jpg
    162.8 KB · Views: 50
  • Screenshot_20220220-195808_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20220220-195808_Chrome.jpg
    162.4 KB · Views: 48
Last edited:
There are 3 "traditional" ways you can do this depending on space.

Doors or kicks are 6.5 territory.

The 3" midrange can live in the sail panel on the door or the A-pillar either on or off axis.

The tweeters can be in the factory location or in pods on the A-pillar either on or off axis.

Your entire setup will determine how and where you mount everything and how it will sound.

Matt

$650 for some DS18 3 ways. Not a chance.

Are you looking for more sound quality by going 3 way?

I'm a huge Taramps fan but no way I would run them for a SQ front stage.

****, that's close to what I paid for my Hertz ML 700.3 mid/tweeter combo and hertz ML 1650 midbass... Once I cram the Anarchys in my door somehow I'll be selling the hertz midbass, then my whole front stage will be about 550.

Matt

the front stage is very lacking in the stock setup and I wanted a very full front stage I travel to job sites all over the US and spend a lot of time alone behind the wheel. I just want to get the most out of my music since I'm listening to so many hours of it. I've noticed that a lot of members start with the 2 way front stage just to upgrade to the 3 way down the road. trying to skip that step and get it right in one go plus I have the power to run a good system.

the front stage is very lacking in the stock setup and I wanted a very full front stage I travel to job sites all over the US and spend a lot of time alone behind the wheel. I just want to get the most out of my music since I'm listening to so many hours of it. I've noticed that a lot of members start with the 2 way front stage just to upgrade to the 3 way down the road. trying to skip that step and get it right in one go plus I have the power to run a good system.
There is nothing wrong with a good 2-way setup. I got the MLK 1650 set first and just recently added the midrange to the set. 3 way is more work and done incorrectly can sound worse.

Matt

$650 for some DS18 3 ways. Not a chance.

Are you looking for more sound quality by going 3 way?

I'm a huge Taramps fan but no way I would run them for a SQ front stage.
yeah not planning on paying full price for any of them haven't shopped around for deals or used yet.

is there anything wrong with there amps in particular? there affordable and as far as reviews go people seem to love them.

There is nothing wrong with a good 2-way setup. I got the MLK 1650 set first and just recently added the midrange to the set. 3 way is more work and done incorrectly can sound worse.

Matt
I agree I've had 2- ways in every vehicle I've owned and they've sounded great. I just dont want too get down the road and wish I'd gone 3 way. especially when I'm buying enclosures at 150 a piece for the doors and pillars

I agree I've had 2- ways in every vehicle I've owned and they've sounded great. I just dont want too get down the road and wish I'd gone 3 way. especially when I'm buying enclosures at 150 a piece for the doors and pillars

I completely understand that concept. But I wouldn't run a 3 way with midrange or tweeters in the door. Maybe in the sail panel. But a-pillar or dash is usually best without a DSP and processing. If you go 2 way now, you can get the single 6.5" door pods and run the tweeter in the factory location.

Matt

Matt
[/QUOTE]
I completely understand that concept. But I wouldn't run a 3 way with midrange or tweeters in the door. Maybe in the sail panel. But a-pillar or dash is usually best without a DSP and processing. If you go 2 way now, you can get the single 6.5" door pods and run the tweeter in the factory location.

Matt
unfortunately I don't have factory tweeters on the dash just door speakers and rear cab this is the most basic of trucks. so I have to add them in using the pillars mounts or the door mounts pictured on my first post

Last edited:
unfortunately I don't have factory tweeters on the dash just door speakers and rear cab this is the most basic of trucks. so I have to add them in using the pillars mounts or the door mounts pictured on my first post

You should have a factory tweeter location on the A-pillar. It's below the oh **** handle.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...