Port area for single SSA F8l 8" sub

Participant count
  • Participant list

Smallz

CarAudio.com Newbie
I'm working on a box for an SSA f8l. Will be .55cuft net, tuned to 31Hz with ~750 watts pushing it. I've got limited space, but trying to decide on port design. I'm thinking of a 3" aeroport, but wondering if that will be enough area to sound good, or if I should go bigger, which would likely push me to a square port. Not sure how to decide how much area to go with, so any help is appreciated.

I'm working on a box for an SSA f8l. Will be .55cuft net, tuned to 31Hz with ~750 watts pushing it. I've got limited space, but trying to decide on port design. I'm thinking of a 3" aeroport, but wondering if that will be enough area to sound good, or if I should go bigger, which would likely push me to a square port. Not sure how to decide how much area to go with, so any help is appreciated.

I would think that you want around 8 sq. Inches of port. The 3" aeroprt might just work though. That would give about 7.07" sq. inches of port. Give it a shot.

I've got a precision port 3" kit I'll send your way for shipping cost. The precision ports have flares on both end, so it should be perfect.

Matt

Another vote for precision aeroports from me. With the flares you could even drop to 2 inch if absolutely necessary to get your port tuning. If you can make a 3 inch work and still fit it in the box design with no bends, go with the 3 inch for sure. Small boxes with lower tunings can get tricky to fit the port in.

Thanks for the quick replies and the offer on the aeroport! I'll gladly take you up on it. I'll send you a message.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...