Need Help Wiring Two 4 Ohm subs

Participant count
  • Participant list
Watch this. This is planet audios parent company. They are the worst liers.

Okay, so no go for Planet and Boss. If you could give me a list of companies for me to avoid that would be much appreciated!

It would be easier if you list a price range...
True! I was hoping to not go over 200 but I don't want junk so I would be willing to pay more if it comes to that. I would just hope there's a decent amp under that haha

True! I was hoping to not go over 200 but I don't want junk so I would be willing to pay more if it comes to that. I would just hope there's a decent amp under that haha
For $200 you got a lot of options.. I'll let other members recommend something that's a 1 ohm stable for 2 CVR's... I'm kind of stuck on certain brands... LOL!

The Zapco.
For $200 you got a lot of options.. I'll let other members recommend something that's a 1 ohm stable for 2 CVR's... I'm kind of stuck on certain brands... LOL!
The Zapco IS a great amp but I feel you can go cheaper than $250... if that is the price...

I'm loving the price of the Hifonics haha (Hifonics HFi1000.1D 1000W RMS Monoblock Class D Car Amplifier Car Audio Amp 613815567738 | eBay). I would totally buy this as long as I knew it wasn't complete junk. Any opinions on this one? Thanks!!!
The shop I worked at sold a ton of those... with no real issues... remember that it will only deliver 550 or so watts but that is enough for some... others were back in a month for a BIG upgrade...LOL!.. those guys usually wanted L7's with 1500 watts and were back in a month or two lookin' for more anyways... It's not a BAD amp just a starter one... I like the PPI that Gramps sings about for your application

Think I'm gonna go with that ppi 1000 when I buy one. Thanks for all the help guys! This helped me a ton, just one last confirmation, I can run my subs to my amp with that initial wiring diagram I posted? Thanks!!

Think I'm gonna go with that ppi 1000 when I buy one. Thanks for all the help guys! This helped me a ton, just one last confirmation, I can run my subs to my amp with that initial wiring diagram I posted? Thanks!!
If you can go a bit more then the PPI. The NVX version is the same but way better customer service. PPI got bought out by a company just above Boss. Those amp lines are all that's left that's not junk

https://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_40252_NVX-JAD1200.1.html

If you can go a bit more then the PPI. The NVX version is the same but way better customer service. PPI got bought out by a company just above Boss. Those amp lines are all that's left that's not junk
https://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_40252_NVX-JAD1200.1.html
I'd listen to someone who would say that... I really don't know the skinny about things like that... otherwise just find a 1 ohm stable amp and parallel everything to give it a 1 ohm load...

if it's 1 ohm stable i didn't see that listed just that it does power at 2 ohm if it says 1 ohm stable then yes if not go back and read my 2nd post

if it's 1 ohm stable i didn't see that listed just that it does power at 2 ohm if it says 1 ohm stable then yes if not go back and read my 2nd post
2_subs_DVC_4_ohm_mono_variation1.jpg

So you are saying like this? I'm sorry but I cannot translate words into the wiring haha I rely on these pics! Also I know my amp is mono but there are two places to wire up your subs, I guess it's just one channel split to two contact points. My last question is going to be kind of complicated for me to explain. My box has two terminal cups, can i just run two seperate leads to the amp and then put both on the same connectors? I don't have enough wire to connect them inside the sub haha

well i would use both sets of terminals on box and amp so in that pic where wires are going to amp they'd be going to box terminal just in pic they wired subs together (and u can do it just like that and just use 1 terminal on box and amp, my way would be not to wire the 2 subs together so where the sub on right black and red wires go to other sub they would just go to the box and u run + &- on amp to each box terminal (using both terminals on box and amp)

FHI9PN6

this is what I want to do. Of course there are terminal cups that the wires have to go through EDIT: seems I don't know how to upload photos lol I am new to forums as well

Another edit: lets see if this one works also since I have two positive and negative ports on my amp i'd separate them

zGesnArB6wFJYIyuX_CjJib9agIDtUu6s5MLLQCcYqpCOKdTAvDKmEVejx7GrRKpz3bkSZg35N7YMNQbyYLM0n6hhksk0413CB67vdycWalfvZobYWCLjUD70W6kpcl1_myx2Uxl8j2gFPTifcy1UmZaaURVLKJxJgkBvtuDeDhj6UDO_TYm2s2-dtWj0OUfPBpsiYJVU7BMkGuQsrzSlrtR971GQWJ7flkSvE1q2eu49Vm4tJfbONpwBSJ5ZGuvbsLHX1jrsvfBqgN8MFv-nYbRELXKHcuhf_gTXLWYWrXYZFZTlcPG-GXRUUGaJ7TlYKnVUJ-mJ0OZRMpvNsuEgxozW1AGa3br5h1_M6dvHglAh5VbfYf8ZriqlTKKqTx3Q-Kcn7bl_EdCp4eYwDWfKLu9LhRHWrZHjW-fc76ahPcjhC5UtLzXlzlPH7kgK1qHPiXOr3mSNYDYxvvyDwJDDYkRn6icWCXVbB2b-La0_PZOrPsoIvLPeTJn7pd-wl_g4tKoDZuUjMjOVHhjaGN_FGfg33HxhX_KeCtmBjGT71mV1unXpSZ3o_cgksxf872fWmsMHNepJrjaSJNTGR-fhH36V2TdrrNsBW8xoDNWDfbsvw_uaW7Lssa5=w728-h465-no

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.