A Bit Over My Pay Grade

Hey everyone, so I have a Hertz HDP5 and i replaced my 2 front speakers and the 2 rear deck speakers..for the fronts i have 6.5 morels rated at 120rms/250peak..and rears i have sum focal 6.5 rated at i think 60rms/120..ok so heres my dilemma..it looks like ive made a very costly mistake in being a first time car audio owner..as this is my first system with an amp..but the hertz amp is 5 channels and at 2ohms it will only put out 100x4 and 550x1..i say only because it looks like i need more power on the 4 channel side..now..is there a way to tap into that power because my 4 speakers are 4 ohms so i believe that puts me at 1 ohm..so theres my dilemma..how to wire 4 4 ohm speakers to get 2 ohms in the final impedance..or any advice on how to wire this system for the maximum output..or did i buy the wrong amp..i kno hertz is a great brand but my **** keeps clipping and im not even running it at full tilt..I jus need sum good advice i put this system in and i think i got in over my shoulders and im 6'5''..but any and all help will be greatly appreciated ...

You control clipping. Back off the gain knob.

As for power. If it's enough output for your needs then you have enough power. And that makes plenty of it.

You don't have 1ohm. Each channel has a 4ohm load.

You might want to find a good shop and have then do it. This is easy stuff but you could mess up a lot of money.

bridge the 4 channels to the front and have the rear deck speakers on head unit power. Should have just focused all your money to the front speakers. Rear speakers are absolutely useless to anyone thats been in the audio industry for awhile.

bridge the 4 channels to the front and have the rear deck speakers on head unit power. Should have just focused all your money to the front speakers. Rear speakers are absolutely useless to anyone thats been in the audio industry for awhile.
Would like to add to this comment...A lot of your sound comes from the front area anyway.

Op, next time your at a movie theatre, for example, think about what I said. Then look around and see where most of the sound is coming from.

Would like to add to this comment...A lot of your sound comes from the front area anyway.
Op, next time your at a movie theatre, for example, think about what I said. Then look around and see where most of the sound is coming from.
Bad example. Movies are surround sound.

There was this guy who worked at car toys in tulsa back in the day with some focal 3 ways in the kicks of his festiva (yes, a festiva) powered by the old school skateboard xtants that when he played Chopin or Holst or Paganini, the staging was so good that it honest-ta-god sounded like the instruments were on the hood of his car, 0 rear speakers (except the focal 13" subs)

yeah only had 75rms per speaker on fronts in last car and removed rears used the 6x9 holes like ports to let bass into cabin, now i just fade like 75% front..

There was this guy who worked at car toys in tulsa back in the day with some focal 3 ways in the kicks of his festiva (yes, a festiva) powered by the old school skateboard xtants that when he played Chopin or Holst or Paganini, the staging was so good that it honest-ta-god sounded like the instruments were on the hood of his car, 0 rear speakers (except the focal 13" subs)
That's how it supposed to be. A band on your dash. Pillar to pillar with space in between everyone. Layers front to back, that's the hard part

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.