NEED HELP w setup

ROLLTIDE106

CarAudio.com Newbie
Hey car audio gurus, I'm new to the scene and am building a system for my 2011 honda civic lx sedan. I plan on purchasing 4 pioneer speakers,
Pioneer TS-G650 (2 in the front 2 in the rear). As well I am purchasing a Boss BV800ACP deck. I would like to purchase an amp but im not sure if I need a 1 or 2 channel amp to ensure a watt balance. If someone could help me out that be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Have you considered not adding an amp at this point? Your head unit may have enough power to meet your current listening needs. If you do decide to purchase an amplifier, I used a PAC brand integration harness to add an amplifier to my stock setup. I purchased a 4-channel amp. There was no cutting or splicing of wires (plug and play).

Hey car audio gurus, I'm new to the scene and am building a system for my 2011 honda civic lx sedan. I plan on purchasing 4 pioneer speakers,
Pioneer TS-G650 (2 in the front 2 in the rear). As well I am purchasing a Boss BV800ACP deck. I would like to purchase an amp but im not sure if I need a 1 or 2 channel amp to ensure a watt balance. If someone could help me out that be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
you need a 4 channel to power all 4 speakers or a 2 channel just for the fronts.....i honestly wouldnt waste my time and money amping the rears

Id avoid the BOSS deck unfortunately BOSS stands for ( Box Of Sorry $hit ) ...your factory civic deck is better even if its a basic deck . There are a lot better decks out there ..you mentioned Pioneer Speakers ..A Pioneer deck would be a much better choice a lot of the newer Pioneers have built in 13band EQ so you can really fine tune your sound and nice crossover points to keep your speakers from bottoming out ...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.