NEED HELP w setup

ROLLTIDE106

CarAudio.com Newbie
Jan 13, 2021
Hey car audio gurus, I'm new to the scene and am building a system for my 2011 honda civic lx sedan. I plan on purchasing 4 pioneer speakers,
Pioneer TS-G650 (2 in the front 2 in the rear). As well I am purchasing a Boss BV800ACP deck. I would like to purchase an amp but im not sure if I need a 1 or 2 channel amp to ensure a watt balance. If someone could help me out that be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

huberoy123

Nov 6, 2013
Delaware
Have you considered not adding an amp at this point? Your head unit may have enough power to meet your current listening needs. If you do decide to purchase an amplifier, I used a PAC brand integration harness to add an amplifier to my stock setup. I purchased a 4-channel amp. There was no cutting or splicing of wires (plug and play).

JRsmoothee

Think For Yourself, Question Authority - MJK
10+ year member
Aug 12, 2008
sitting on toilet
Hey car audio gurus, I'm new to the scene and am building a system for my 2011 honda civic lx sedan. I plan on purchasing 4 pioneer speakers,
Pioneer TS-G650 (2 in the front 2 in the rear). As well I am purchasing a Boss BV800ACP deck. I would like to purchase an amp but im not sure if I need a 1 or 2 channel amp to ensure a watt balance. If someone could help me out that be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
you need a 4 channel to power all 4 speakers or a 2 channel just for the fronts.....i honestly wouldnt waste my time and money amping the rears

AnthonyO

CarAudio.com Veteran
10+ year member
Oct 18, 2005
Minot, North Dakota, United States

Louisiana_CRX

dem shoes......
5,000+ posts
10+ year member
Aug 22, 2006
Piney Hills of Louisiana
Id avoid the BOSS deck unfortunately BOSS stands for ( Box Of Sorry $hit ) ...your factory civic deck is better even if its a basic deck . There are a lot better decks out there ..you mentioned Pioneer Speakers ..A Pioneer deck would be a much better choice a lot of the newer Pioneers have built in 13band EQ so you can really fine tune your sound and nice crossover points to keep your speakers from bottoming out ...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Latest posts

Newest threads

Most posts - Past 30 days