Need Box Info For Audiobahn Subs

CHEVYMAN28
10+ year member

MD
I Just Picked Up A Set Of Audiobehn AWC10'S And I Need To Know First Of All What Type Box Can These Go In Ported Or Sealed , Then What Is The Cubic Feet They Need To Perform TO GET THE Bast RESULTS In,this Is Going In A Blazer So Any Ides Would Help Out Greatly

well i whip up somethin 4 u

its a bandpass box

36Wx13Hx13D

the wood the 10's r mounted on should be 9in from the wall

the port should be 11Wx3Hx8D(going into box)

this box is tune around 45hz..

if u have any questions pm me

do not listen to the people who bash audiobahn..... you made a good choice on brand for subwoofers. I would have gotten a couple eternal series or immortal series tens if I were you, but then you need the watts to push which can b e mroe expensive. any way. Go ahead and build a sealed box at .8 cu ft. per each. that would be a great size for all around sound quality from them subs. shouldnt take up too much space either.

I have/had 2 audiobahn 10's in .8 sealed and it didn't sound very good, I added some 2" ports exactly as suggested in the book/manual, it got better, but still ******, the sq is good at low volumes, but turn it up and they move alot, but thats it, they just cancel themselves out like they dont have enough air space, hoping thats the case I just built a new box, 3ft3 w/25sqin port, 22"deep for tune 30hz; I'll be putting it in next week, maybe I'll post back the change in box

do not listen to the people who bash audiobahn..... you made a good choice on brand for subwoofers. I would have gotten a couple eternal series or immortal series tens if I were you, but then you need the watts to push which can b e mroe expensive. any way. Go ahead and build a sealed box at .8 cu ft. per each. that would be a great size for all around sound quality from them subs. shouldnt take up too much space either.
I am not bashing audiobahn.. Im bashing the AWC series subs... for one simple reason they ****. Should read my sig and the title under my name before saying that i am bashing audiobahn. Or stop by my website and see what my choice in audio is. Like y2kgt said, i have never been able to have any audiobahn subs exept for the alum series, sound decent with a decent amount of SPL in a sealed box. Most audiobahn subs aren't made for sealed. And to get any type of decent output with those subs going ported may be the only option. As with my post earlier about bandpass i have heard some halfway decent SQ bandpass boxes that were made. I just cant stand it when people buy those crappy premade bandpass boxes. Ive probably said this about as many times as i have posted but the only subs that i will buy are the AW05, ALUM,ETERNAL,IMMORTAL,Procompression, and AW08 subs. I personally didn't like the AW06 series but that was probably because i couldn't seem to get them tuned right nor could anybody else that i gave that challenge to. Or they would sound good but there was a HUGE sacrifice in SPL or SQ

I am not bashing audiobahn.. Im bashing the AWC series subs... for one simple reason they ****. Should read my sig and the title under my name before saying that i am bashing audiobahn. Or stop by my website and see what my choice in audio is. Like y2kgt said, i have never been able to have any audiobahn subs exept for the alum series, sound decent with a decent amount of SPL in a sealed box. Most audiobahn subs aren't made for sealed. And to get any type of decent output with those subs going ported may be the only option. As with my post earlier about bandpass i have heard some halfway decent SQ bandpass boxes that were made. I just cant stand it when people buy those crappy premade bandpass boxes. Ive probably said this about as many times as i have posted but the only subs that i will buy are the AW05, ALUM,ETERNAL,IMMORTAL,Procompression, and AW08 subs. I personally didn't like the AW06 series but that was probably because i couldn't seem to get them tuned right nor could anybody else that i gave that challenge to. Or they would sound good but there was a HUGE sacrifice in SPL or SQ

Well I wasn't trying to make you look like an *** hole or anything. It's just you left the post kind of vague as if what he was trying to do whas "booty". I read alot of your posts. I know your an inteligent person and you don't have a tendancy to "bash people or their favorite products". So I wasn't necesarily pointing my finger at you when I made that comment, It was in general because I have seen alot of people talking down on audiobahn when they make some nice ass components. So sorry for the confusion with you taking that personal and all, not my intentions. I agree about the premanufactured band pass boxes. I am a firm believer in every single sub you buy, you should build a box exactly suitable for it for what ever type of sound you want to get from it that will actually work with the subs capabilities. too many people get ****** in by chrome thinking "awwww this is gona be bad ass!" then come to realize they made a piss poor judgement on sub/box combo. It's the ignorance of consumers that bash teh name of audiobahn. So mis comunication.... my bad

um when i strated throwing out spec...did yall assume that i ment a prefab box....cuz if so yall wrong...the spec i gave was something that i use 4 that particullar speaker

and it sounded pretty good

um when i strated throwing out spec...did yall assume that i ment a prefab box....cuz if so yall wrong...the spec i gave was something that i use 4 that particullar speakerand it sounded pretty good

Try getting into some custom ported boxes, it will still be loud and have better response curves.

Well I wasn't trying to make you look like an *** hole or anything. It's just you left the post kind of vague as if what he was trying to do whas "booty". I read alot of your posts. I know your an inteligent person and you don't have a tendancy to "bash people or their favorite products". So I wasn't necesarily pointing my finger at you when I made that comment, It was in general because I have seen alot of people talking down on audiobahn when they make some nice ass components. So sorry for the confusion with you taking that personal and all, not my intentions. I agree about the premanufactured band pass boxes. I am a firm believer in every single sub you buy, you should build a box exactly suitable for it for what ever type of sound you want to get from it that will actually work with the subs capabilities. too many people get ****** in by chrome thinking "awwww this is gona be bad ass!" then come to realize they made a piss poor judgement on sub/box combo. It's the ignorance of consumers that bash teh name of audiobahn. So mis comunication.... my bad
Don't worry, i didn't take it too personaly, i just don't like to be put in the same category as audiobahn bashers no matter how vague to connection //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Less bashing, more box building, more SPL, more SQ.

PS: Does anyone have, or know anyone who has an older model PG 20-farad power distribution center? The one with the brushed aluminum-looking body?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.