need at around 700 true rms at 2 ohms

Setting up a system in my girls car, i have two 350 rms explode subs, which are decent subs I've heard them before with a nice amp, right now I've got a planet audio amp that lies about it's rms (claims 2400) and only does 500 at 1 ohm. Well the subs are 4 ohm SVC so I have a 2 ohm load. Basically I need a budget amp that does 700 watts @2 ohms. I found a soundstream amp, or a couple actually that are around 130 for the right juice. If they don't lie about their numbers, anybody ever dyno a soundstream? Any other good amps for the same price? Suggestions? I like buying new equipment and she wants new stuff too. thanks for any help.

Thanks for the quick replies btw holy crap, but at 2 ohms that amp is probably closer to 300, which is barely enough for 1 sub. Are mb quart amps any good? She would be paying for it and that PA amp is mine so another reason I want to buy a new one online

JBL GTO-501EZ has been dyno tested to make over 700W at 2 ohms, if I recall correctly. Plus it has a simple gain setting method that is similar to DD-1. No need to feel iffy about the quality with this amp, or even the GTO-751EZ, but you'll have to spend a bit more for that one.

I'll look into. Does JBL make good amps? I've heard good things about Kenwood and hifonics and id rather just get a little bigger of an amp like 1000 so there's some room left over and I can really max out the subs, they're replaceable so I don't care if I blow em but I probably wont. I mean if we're already spending that much why not shoot a little high

I'll look into. Does JBL make good amps? I've heard good things about Kenwood and hifonics and id rather just get a little bigger of an amp like 1000 so there's some room left over and I can really max out the subs, they're replaceable so I don't care if I blow em but I probably wont. I mean if we're already spending that much why not shoot a little high
If you hear kenwood and hifonics are good you are listening to the wrong people. Yes JBL makes very good amps

"For the price" //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif i meant. Where can you get that amp for 210?
Used, I was offering to sell you one. I have a DC audio 3.5k coming in the mail tomorrow so no use for my brx 2400.1 anymore.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.