Help me choose between amps

Participant count
  • Participant list

Badseed

Erie Pa
Trying to figure out my set up and need some advice. I'm going to buy 2 of the newest model alpine type r 12's. I have an elemental designs nine.1 amp on hand and I actually just won an alpine mrx m110 on eBay for $200

The elemental does 1200w @ 1 ohm (although I've read their output is significantly under rated) while the mrx does 1100 @2 ohm

My question is, which amp should I settle on? Whichever one I choose determines what voice coil configuration I get on the type r 's. I'm currently running 2 alpine type r 10's (500w RMS model) at 2 ohms so I can't really do a direct comparison at each amps maximum output capabilities. Help!

I just got it the other day and haven't looked at it much but I believe it has a subsonic 15-50hz and a normal crossover as well as a polarity adjustment (I don't know what that does )

Ok so you're saying the elemental is the better choice? I was running an alpine mrv-m850 before the elemental And definitely prefer the elemental but didn't know how it would stack up again the mrx series

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.