Participant count
  • Participant list

Audio4ever
10+ year member

Box Chevy Boi
Maryland
Vehicle : 87 caprice

Location in the vehicle:rear deck

Space available (Length x Width x Height):box gonna be angled. (Max)height-9,width-44,top depth-7.5,bottom depth-12

Subwoofer make and model:massive summo64

Subwoofer Size:6.5

Number of Subwoofers:3

Type of Port (Kerfed, Slot, Aero, etc.):2 aero ports

What type of music do you like?: rap, decaf

Is your goal SPL or Everyday Music?: 50/50

Tuning Freq (Hz):32-34

Volume :

Amp - massive n2

Draw a pic of how you want the depth offsets and porting to go, also what amp/load and I might give it a whirl... Where in the car... on reardeck?

Edit... sorry man can't do ... everytime I try to tune those to 32-33hz they don't look too good when modeling em'... so I'll just let someone else help... sorry

Those will sound awful with an fs of 53hz tuned in the low 30s. That's almost a full octave lower, it will have group delay for days below 40hz. Not the right subs for that style box.
Wat u recommend?

Wat u recommend?
DD 506, Sundown SA6.5 (maybe), Dayton Audio Classic 6.5, Tang Band 6.5s but they have lower power handling.

It's very hard to find a 6.5 in sub with an fs under 40hz. Is there a reason you are set on using 6.5s? 3 6.5s in a big bodied Caprice won't be a lot of bass. I would consider a larger driver like a single 10 or a pair of 8s, you will have much better options of subs that will play low.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.