Need advise on what subs to use

Participant count
  • Participant list

charles28
10+ year member

I have a Pontiac vibe 2009 and I currently have setup in it a rubicon soundstream 2500 wattx1 amp and need to know what subs I can use with this amp to get the full potential out of the amp thanks.Any ideas on some 12 inch subs that can handle this amp at 1 ohm?

I just put 2 he2 12s in it that I bought used for 100 dollars and the first night ive already blown one lol.I only had the amp running at 1000 rms at 4 ohms and the subs are rated at 400 rms each.That should of been close to what they could handle but I need to get the full potential out of this amp and find something that can take all the power. That's whats going on and im just going to buy 2 new 12s to put in it.I seen a video of a guy running 2 type r 12s on it and they seemed to be handling it ok.Heck I don't know.Thats why im here asking you guys opinion.Thanks

I suspect more than just the amp blew the subs. Ie.... Lack of a good electrical. No big 3 small alt lack of a goob battery. Cheap wire gains not set properly

Type r's aren't terrible for the money but with your $400 budget you can do better. look into two sound solutions audio gcon 12's which would be a tiny bit over budget but they are awesome woofers with nice sound quality that will get loud off the power you have. You could also look at soundqubed hds3 12's, I like sundown sa 12's a lot which would be in your budget. Any of those woofers would be in your budget and would do great on that amp. Just depends what you're going for really but with any subs you're going to need to build a custom box for the specific subs you pick if you want them to sound right and play to their fullest potential.

Yea if were addressing the subs being blown issue I don't think the amp did it alone. What does your electrical look like? what alt, what kind of batts and how many, what size wire and brand are you using? all this comes into play

Im not sure what brand the wire is.I know everything that's wired is using 2 awg wire. Running a denso 220 amp alternator.Im running a yellow top 1000 cold cranking amp battery for the car and the same battery for the amp. Everything is tight.I bought the wire and soldered lugs onto each end of the wires.I didn't buy them pre made crap.This wire looks like huge welding wire copper stranded and hard to work with especialy when its cold outside.I have a 250 amp fuse block mounted 18 inches from amp which is required here to compete.Alot of rules ive found out over the past 5 years.The judges can be picky.Like last year I was in a competition and the judge was looking at my car trying to figure out what class to put me in and he seen that my amp wasn't fused and automatically threw me into big boy catergory. I think it was 5k class and im like wtf im only running 2.5k lol. Hes like how do we know that's not a cheater amp? Its not fused. So im like ok whatever lol.Ended up taking third place which wasn't to bad since everyone else was running twice the power I was.

I do appreciate the advice Justin.I was looking at those qubed subs the other day and thinking that looked like good prices for those subs.Must be a new brand right?

I do appreciate the advice Justin.I was looking at those qubed subs the other day and thinking that looked like good prices for those subs.Must be a new brand right?
No problem man and nope not really a new brand at all but yea they will handle that amp fine and love it as long as your gain is set correctly using a multimeter

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.