Need advice with dimming issue

Participant count
  • Participant list

omgitsrage

I have 2 fosgate p2 12s(400w rms each) running @1ohm on a pioneer amp that is 1600w peak and 800w rms @1ohm. not a huge sound system, but my lights dim. it's in a 2013 vw Passat s(no special electronics, no powered seats, no nav) which still has the stock battery with the alternator at 140amps. my lights dim when my bass is hitting, and when I use a volt meter on my battery, volts drop from 13.8-13.9 at normal running voltage to 12.5-12.9 when my system is cranked up. what's the easiest way to fix this? I don't want to hurt my car or it's electrical system with my sound system.

I have 2 fosgate p2 12s(400w rms each) running @1ohm on a pioneer amp that is 1600w peak and 800w rms @1ohm. not a huge sound system, but my lights dim. it's in a 2013 vw Passat s(no special electronics, no powered seats, no nav) which still has the stock battery with the alternator at 140amps. my lights dim when my bass is hitting, and when I use a volt meter on my battery, volts drop from 13.8-13.9 at normal running voltage to 12.5-12.9 when my system is cranked up. what's the easiest way to fix this? I don't want to hurt my car or it's electrical system with my sound system.
We usually start with replacing the oem battery with the largest agm battery that will fit in the oem location. We also do what is called the big 3.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.