Need advice on which subs

Hi, i recently installed 2 soundqubed hdc3 15s. But they barely hit 150db at the windshield. I really want some subs that can completely slay.

I am doing some kind of wall for this build, so far i really think 4 18s is the way to go. I know that would be an extremely time consuming and costly build. But i am willing to spend that kind of money for that kind of bass.

So, for all the old pros what subs will sound the best with a wall up to 8000 watts rms? And what kind of wall, tuning, cubic feet, etc if you can. Thanks for your help. This forum has taught me almost everything up to this point. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

I have a 2008 tundra crew cab.

The electrical is a 250 amp alternator and a xs power d6500. (And stinger 0 gauge ofc)

This is running around 3000 watts with hardly any drop. I am planning to upgrade this according to the new subwoofer system.

Yea you'll need to. Any significant power is gonna need a bigger amp alt and more batteries Figure out how much power you want. Then we can go from there with subs alt batteries and runs of wire if your found a flat wall then either 2. 18s or 4. 15s

Yea you'll need to. Any significant power is gonna need a bigger amp alt and more batteries Figure out how much power you want. Then we can go from there with subs alt batteries and runs of wire if your found a flat wall then either 2. 18s or 4. 15s
I am still trying to figure out a way to do more alternators. For my truck 250 is as big as it gets and there are no dual alternator brackets. I am trying to talk to a shop and get a custom bracket made. So lets say i have 500 amp alternator all together.

If i get 2 more batteries that brings me to 225ah.

So for a little over $1000 i can support around 8000 watts. That is pretty much it for power in my truck because anywhere past that and it starts getting exponentially expensive

I am still trying to figure out a way to do more alternators. For my truck 250 is as big as it gets and there are no dual alternator brackets. I am trying to talk to a shop and get a custom bracket made. So lets say i have 500 amp alternator all together.If i get 2 more batteries that brings me to 225ah.

So for a little over $1000 i can support around 8000 watts. That is pretty much it for power in my truck because anywhere past that and it starts getting exponentially expensive
That 225 ah won't support 8k 55 ah per 1000 watts is what you need have you asked any of the alt companies about an alt. I think we at singer makes a bigger amped one

That 225 ah won't support 8k 55 ah per 1000 watts is what you need have you asked any of the alt companies about an alt. I think we at singer makes a bigger amped one
I agree. Since i dont run maxed out 24/7 300ah will get me by. According to a calcultor i used, 225ah will drop to 12.6v but 300ah of batteries will only drop to 13v. So i probobly will buy 3 more batteries for a total of 300ah for now.

Unfortunaly i have already tried singer and they said they make a 250 amp alternator. I currently have a mechman 250a with the big 3.

I just want to know the best 8k watt system i can buy

I agree. Since i dont run maxed out 24/7 300ah will get me by. According to a calcultor i used, 225ah will drop to 12.6v but 300ah of batteries will only drop to 13v. So i probobly will buy 3 more batteries for a total of 300ah for now.Unfortunaly i have already tried singer and they said they make a 250 amp alternator. I currently have a mechman 250a with the big 3.

I just want to know the best 8k watt system i can buy
Ok what's your budget for an amp and subs. ? Also what amp do you have now ?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.