Need advice on new sub amp to get

I'd appreciate thoughts on some of the subwoofers you've mentioned. Looking for best sq. but will be in a vented enclosure and in a 06 civic coupe.

Tc sounds axis 12q1, the Flatlyne, SA-12, or a JL 12w7.

I want it to be loud, but don't know witch to pick.

The jl is a nice sub. But costs too much and won't take much over 1000 rms the sa by all means is not a sq sub the Tc is a great sq sub Don't know much about the flatline Bt most of your sq from a sub will come from the install and how well the box is tuned and built Maybe @keep_hope_alive ; can chime in to help

Thanks for the reply. I am leaning towards the TC Axis. It's $200 cheaper than the JL w7. I just don't know much about the Flatlyne or the SA. But I'll just drop the SA from the group.

Never heard of anyone saying that the sa subs are an sq sub more of a spl sub. Another sub to look at is the tantric line they are based as a SQL sub and one of the best hand built subs today

Thanks. Those subs look ridiculous on paper and in the pictures. I would like to know the comparisons for the tantric HD, TC axis, and the w7. Plus since you mentioned it was about my install, box, and its tuning. Then should I take my products to a stereo shop to have them install? Because I don't have any friends that would know that much about stereos and speaker installation. Or would it be better for me to do everything?

Thanks. Those subs look ridiculous on paper and in the pictures. I would like to know the comparisons for the tantric HD, TC axis, and the w7. Plus since you mentioned it was about my install, box, and its tuning. Then should I take my products to a stereo shop to have them install? Because I don't have any friends that would know that much about stereos and speaker installation. Or would it be better for me to do everything?

Yeah but aren't the X's more of an SPL sub? I need something that is going to be able to play fairly flat and loud. So far the SA8's have been pretty good but they lack alot of punch when playing rock/metal music. Some songs the bass is nearly non-existant
You either might want to tune your enclosure a little higher or get more cone area with 12s or 15s if you want that punch. If you tune low 30s, you'll barely hear any bass from rock and metal which consists more of midbass in the upper frequencies.

I can sell you the subs. Box. Wires. And even amp if needed. Might even be able to have it installed for you I have a couple of friends in Ohio. That are well versed in installation

I can sell you the subs. Box. Wires. And even amp if needed. Might even be able to have it installed for you I have a couple of friends in Ohio. That are well versed in installation

Ok, well I feel like the stereo shops around here are somewhat over priced when it comes to putting something in my car. What are my options with you? I am not familiar with your company. What products do you carry?

When I get enough posts I'll start my own thread on this. But, I'm looking for everything. Would like to keep this around 1,500 bucks.

i had the same problem too, minimum bass from my rock/metal library but loads of bass on my low bass genres, raised the box tuning and now everything sounds balanced and full.
Depends on what your definition of "minimal" is. I got 2 SA-8v2's in a ported enclosure tuned to around 33-35hz and they hit pretty decently with most rock/metal depending on how the original was mixed. I'm not saying it hits every note perfectly all the time or that it hits 130+dB with rock music but it's no slouch though :p

Depends on what your definition of "minimal" is. I got 2 SA-8v2's in a ported enclosure tuned to around 33-35hz and they hit pretty decently with most rock/metal depending on how the original was mixed. I'm not saying it hits every note perfectly all the time or that it hits 130+dB with rock music but it's no slouch though :p
Thats exactly what my minimal meant lol. Its hard but compared to other genres, its not hard enough.

Thats exactly what my minimal meant lol. Its hard but compared to other genres, its not hard enough.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.