Need advice on new sub amp to get

Incriminator audio flatline sick sub will take everything the rf has or
Sounds axis amazing subs also
Never heard of Sound Axis before. The flatlynes are also an option. I heard that they can play pretty much anything really well and get pretty loud doing it too. Another sub I was looking at was the Image Dynamics IDQ12's. Heard alot of people praise those subs for they're ability to keep up with practically anything, even a 32nd note kick drum. I would assume the IA Flatlynes would be similar in this regard but the IA's probably are able to get louder. They just seem like a beefier sub than the IDQ line.

Never heard of Sound Axis before. The flatlynes are also an option. I heard that they can play pretty much anything really well and get pretty loud doing it too. Another sub I was looking at was the Image Dynamics IDQ12's. Heard alot of people praise those subs for they're ability to keep up with practically anything, even a 32nd note kick drum. I would assume the IA Flatlynes would be similar in this regard but the IA's probably are able to get louder. They just seem like a beefier sub than the IDQ line.
sorry was typing with phone and the stupid phone auto corrects what i write all the time.

TC Sounds LMS-R 12" DVC Subwoofer 293-658

TC Sounds Axis 12Q1 12" Quad VC Subwoofer 293-638

both amazing subwoofers

Yeah but aren't the X's more of an SPL sub? I need something that is going to be able to play fairly flat and loud. So far the SA8's have been pretty good but they lack alot of punch when playing rock/metal music. Some songs the bass is nearly non-existant
Maybe look at an IA Flatlyne, although you probably won't be able to put all of your power to a pair (unless you went with 3 10s instead)

A pair of IDMAX 12s would work well and sound great too.

Now I'm bouncing around the idea of getting the Rockford Fosgate T2500-1BDCP. Can pick up a refurb on ebay for $889 or less shipped. The main thing about this amp that intrigues me is the 2500w 2ohm power. Thoughts?
No phase adjustment, horrible efficiency, no adjustable SS filter, the remote is bass boost not level. Strong power is the only good thing but you can find that anywhere.

That may be the eventual plan. Either that or switch out for 12's. What do you think I would "feel" more? 2 12's like the IA lethal injections, or 3 SA8v2's? Sure the 3 8's would take alot more power than the 2 12's but that doesn't necessarily mean i will feel it more right?
you should have switched out to 2 12 with current amp, you probably gain more than keep the 8's and buying 2500watt amp

you should have switched out to 2 12 with current amp, you probably gain more than keep the 8's and buying 2500watt amp
I needed new amps anyways. My audison is being kind of quirky lately and needs to be sent out for a repair. I know I could have sent it out and then just kept it but I want more headroom in my amps for the efficiency and to future-proof myself for any further additions to my system. And running my audison flat out just wasnt cutting it on these 8's. They demand more power lol. I can run these things full power on my audison playing some massive bass songs and the cones dont even get warm after like an hour. And they definitely aren't hitting full excursion. Jacob himself said it would take significantly more than the rated 500W each in an enclosure to hit full excursion on these subs.

I've even seen videos of 2 of them being ran on an NS-1 at 3000W each and they still took it. Mind you that was in a box specifically designed to provide them with a metric A** ton of power. But still. Beastly little sub.

I just realized that's his setup... Hope he likes the smell of burning copper
For your information I've been running the T2500-1BDCP on my SA-8's for a couple weeks now and I have it tuned around 1600W right now and they're takin it just fine. Cones get a little warm but never any smell so nothing to worry about.

For your information I've been running the T2500-1BDCP on my SA-8's for a couple weeks now and I have it tuned around 1600W right now and they're takin it just fine. Cones get a little warm but never any smell so nothing to worry about.
Because you're wasting 1000w of your amps potential..

Because you're wasting 1000w of your amps potential..
More than 1000 actually...Birthsheet on mine is 3653W @1ohm and 3516@2

But what does that have to do with anything. If it was a 1600W amp they would still run the same pretty much but have more chance of getting clipped past that.

And I know the T2500 is overkill for just the 8's but that's not the point. The point is now I have an amp that will future proof me for pretty much any setup that I could possibly want to get up to 3600W. And if just 2 8's pound this much on only 1600w I could only imagine what almost 4K would be like in a car.

Last edited by a moderator:
More than 1000 actually...Birthsheet on mine is 3653W @1ohm and 3516@2
But what does that have to do with anything. If it was a 1600W amp they would still run the same pretty much but have more chance of getting clipped past that.

And I know the T2500 is overkill for just the 8's but that's not the point. The point is now I have an amp that will future proof me for pretty much any setup that I could possibly want to get up to 3600W. And if just 2 8's pound this much on only 1600w I could only imagine what almost 4K would be like in a car.

Ever take a look at the Flatline audio amps? The FL2 is right around the same price at power level as the rf and is a much better buy. Hand build amps here in the usa.

Ever take a look at the Flatline audio amps? The FL2 is right around the same price at power level as the rf and is a much better buy. Hand build amps here in the usa.
Never even heard of them before today. But as I've already got all my new amps now I probably wont have any need to switch for a while now. Besides subwoofers.

Never even heard of them before today. But as I've already got all my new amps now I probably wont have any need to switch for a while now. Besides subwoofers.
Ah I see,

well we are an Incriminator Dealer, so we can get ya the flatlyne sub if you are ever interested!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.