Help iD ing small old school amp

Participant count
  • Participant list
Is that black finish factory or do you think someone sprayed it over to make a clean install? I want to guess Harman Kardon or Crutchfield.
It's factory. The inside looks like it just came out of the factory. I didn't even think about crutchfield, I know they were made by PPi, and it does resemble like the first PPIs that i can remember, I think I need to check more closely to the guts of old Precision Power amps. Tnx for pointing them out.

I don't know what the hell that is but its definitely cool . First time I have seen the TIP35 used as a power supply transistor. Awesome
LOL! Tnx man. What caught my eye was the fins, then I looked at the bottom and saw No. 034, mmmhh, interesting. Then I opened it and said what tha heck? This is a first!

Not a PPI,or Crutchfield in my opinion..Looks more like a CRAIG amp,or a TEAC
Hello Audiobaun, long time since we talked. Yeap, not PPI, diferent speaker and power connections. Don't think Craig or Teac, also different connectors. Body resembles more like the very 1st Yamahas, but not exactly. Wish i could find a pic of an old Proton amp so I could compare them.

P.S. I finally cleaned my 132. I'll post a pic so u can see it. Still need to work on the silk screening tho.

Hello Audiobaun, long time since we talked. Yeap, not PPI, diferent speaker and power connections. Don't think Craig or Teac, also different connectors. Body resembles more like the very 1st Yamahas, but not exactly. Wish i could find a pic of an old Proton amp so I could compare them.P.S. I finally cleaned my 132. I'll post a pic so u can see it. Still need to work on the silk screening tho.
It has been..I thought you may be in an Earn by now?/LOL..just kidding..well, thats one old amp there..I sure cant recall it..i cant picture the white gains,and that weird cover plate.i was searching around since my last posting,Thought it may have been like an Audiovox,Unic,or Road Master or? of that nature, and even a Hi Comp..Old Mobil Authority?Not sure..you got me on this one..LOL..Yes sir, that Mean Machine looks absolutely beautiful,since I last saw it.she still performs pretty good Ill bet..2ohm mono stable for sure/Mixed mono/Stereo operation also.If I ever find another pretty Clean 99, Id prob grab it up,Would love to have another for sure.Great amps in my opinion:santa:

It has been..I thought you may be in an Earn by now?/LOL..just kidding..well, thats one old amp there..I sure cant recall it..i cant picture the white gains,and that weird cover plate.i was searching around since my last posting,Thought it may have been like an Audiovox,Unic,or Road Master or? of that nature, and even a Hi Comp..Old Mobil Authority?Not sure..you got me on this one..LOL..Yes sir, that Mean Machine looks absolutely beautiful,since I last saw it.she still performs pretty good Ill bet..2ohm mono stable for sure/Mixed mono/Stereo operation also.If I ever find another pretty Clean 99, Id prob grab it up,Would love to have another for sure.Great amps in my opinion:santa:
Yeap, she performs flawless. well, at least when I hooked her up to test her. Right now she's going to the closet with my Hifonics amps. I'm using my 4 channel US Acoustics for mids and highs for now. I'm still dreaming with that Gemini of yours and maybe one of your USA 2150s for my lows.

My vote is for a very early Yamaha. The heatsink is what hints at it being a Yamaha in my opinion. Another name that comes to mind is Marantz.
Yeap, Not really sure on that, but Yamaha is the closest I can come up with also. At least for the heatsink. I"ll look up those Marantz also to see what I can find. Tnx.

still haven't found out anything. I was looking at some Monolithics, but guts are way different. Still searching.........

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.